Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Displaying custom message on locked screen

Is there anyway I can display a custom message on the locked screen of my iPhone 7. or iPad Pro. Something to let others know how to contact me if the phone is found? I can do this on my MacBook Pro.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 5:02 PM

Hi CXI,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to create a custom message for a lost iOS device. I'll be happy to help.

You have the ability to enter a customer message when an iOS device is lost or stolen. There are requirements in place in order to have this option. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Locate a lost or stolen device

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 5:02 PM in response to CXI

Hi CXI,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to create a custom message for a lost iOS device. I'll be happy to help.

You have the ability to enter a customer message when an iOS device is lost or stolen. There are requirements in place in order to have this option. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Locate a lost or stolen device

Best regards.

Displaying custom message on locked screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.