Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay iOS 13.1

When on a call, if you navigate to another screen, like maps, you cannot get back to active call screen. No way to get back to button access to end, mute, etc. am I missing something?

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 9:47 PM

SOLVED-

In CarPlay iOS 13.1, if you navigate away from the active phone call screen, pressing the phone app icon will NOT return you to that screen. It will open all the other phone menu options (recents, favorites, etc). HOWEVER, when away from the phone app, the clock (upper left corner) highlights green. Press the clock while it is green and this will reopen the active call screen. (Similar to pressing the green bar at top of iPhone to return to active call).

This took me days to find... hope this helps someone else.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 9:47 PM in response to jjtsoundman

SOLVED-

In CarPlay iOS 13.1, if you navigate away from the active phone call screen, pressing the phone app icon will NOT return you to that screen. It will open all the other phone menu options (recents, favorites, etc). HOWEVER, when away from the phone app, the clock (upper left corner) highlights green. Press the clock while it is green and this will reopen the active call screen. (Similar to pressing the green bar at top of iPhone to return to active call).

This took me days to find... hope this helps someone else.

Apple CarPlay iOS 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.