Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest version of Logic 10.4.6 Serious Midi/Automation Flaws

First I noticed that setting the quantize in the dialog box on the arrange page does not work. Midi info is un-quantized when played into Logic even if the dialog box is set to a quantize value. I have to quantize the regions separately or go into note editor.

Now I noticed that my Access Virus TI will control the plugin but Logic will not record automation any more from knob moves on the desktop unit. The knobs will control the plugin but no automation is recorded. I have to mouse the knob on the plugin to record any automation which renders the desktop unit useless. Used to work fine in previous Logic versions.

I contacted Access about this issue and this is their response:

We have reports that something in this regard broke in the very latest Logic Pro X release from Apple. This worked perfectly fine before with the Virus TI OS 5.1.7 and other 10.4 releases of Logic Pro X, so at this point we can only recommend to report this to Apple's support. The more reports they get in this direction, the higher the chance this gets fixed again by Apple.

So I am hoping someone from Logic who has the power to fix these problems will do something here. I have never in 20+ years had to go online here to post bugs but these are big ones that might underline a more serious flaws in the new version.

Can I go back to Logic 10.4.5?

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 9:25 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Latest version of Logic 10.4.6 Serious Midi/Automation Flaws

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.