Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hostgator email stopped working

This past Saturday, my Hostgator email stopped working. It doesn't work on my iMac, iPad, or iPhone. I have used my ISP with WiFi and my mobile service provide. Contacted Hostgator and confirmed the settings. Plus they say everything is good on their end. I can go directly to Webmail via Safari. I have several gmail accounts and all of those emails work. Any insights?

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 11:39 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 30, 2019 3:25 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Good point. Hadn't considered the other devices.

Woodgu:

It might be time to switch to another email provider, like an iCloud account. You could set up an automatic forward from the Hostgator online account to an iCloud account. Then slowly inform everyone of the change.

All replies will be from your iCloud account so in time your contacts will get the message one way or another.

Sep 30, 2019 3:38 PM in response to rkaufmann87

We have a PC with Outlook on it that is having the same issue. We have tried different ISPs...very frustrating. I used an Apple connectivity doctor (I forget the name of the tool), and I see this: READ Sep 30 16:18:42.702 [kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNone] -- host:mail.guhlspace.com -- port:587 -- socket:0x600003a1db60 -- thread:0x600000614340

550-"[207.89.11.115]:49700 is in an RBL on bl.websitewelcome.com, see Blocked -

550 Too many failed logins"

I can log in directly, but I am at my wits end. I have blocked and unblocked. I may have to make changes to a different email service.

Hostgator email stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.