Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More photos will be shown once Messages finishes indexing.

Hi All,

I just upgraded from the XS Max (13.1) to the 11Pro Max and did Quick Start to transfer my data. I've been seeing this error inside Messages when I go to Info and Photos. I see approximately two weeks worth of photos (<50 total) and nothing more. This is occurring for all of my conversations. It has been four days since I did Quick Start to transfer from each phone and I haven't had any older photo show under Info. I've had my phone on Wi-Fi and plugged in as well. I don't use iCloud for messages either.

I read about some fixes online where you go to

1. Settings -> Siri & Search ->Messages -> turn everything off.

2. Restart iPhone

3. Turn on the settings again

But this fix did not work for me.

Thanks in advance for any info.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 3:27 PM

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, StateBMartin. It's great to have you here.

Thanks for providing the exact error message you're receiving in the Messages app. Has that process completed yet? If not, you can Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 8, 2019 1:27 PM in response to StateBMartin

I had a similar issue, but only upgraded from 13.1 to 13.1.2, I didn't upgrade my device. I have a XS. After completing an OTA update photos under Messages didn't show up and I got the message "More photos will be shown once Messages finishes indexing."

The fix: I backed up my phone to my Mac and it resolved the issue! Hope this fixes your issue as well.

More photos will be shown once Messages finishes indexing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.