Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check/uncheck not available for my songs on itunes

I downloaded itunes for windows but the option of checking or unchecking is not available under songs

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 12:51 PM

The tickboxes only show in the Songs view.

If they are not there, click on Edit on the top bar menu and select Preferences from the sub menu.

In Edit/Preferences, look on the General tab for the tick-box Show: List view tickboxes. Make sure there is a tick in the box:

If you look at a song in views such as the Albums, or Artists view, you right-click the song and choose Untick Selection (or Tick Selection, as appropriate) from the pop-up menu:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 12:51 PM in response to chris.hoffmann4

The tickboxes only show in the Songs view.

If they are not there, click on Edit on the top bar menu and select Preferences from the sub menu.

In Edit/Preferences, look on the General tab for the tick-box Show: List view tickboxes. Make sure there is a tick in the box:

If you look at a song in views such as the Albums, or Artists view, you right-click the song and choose Untick Selection (or Tick Selection, as appropriate) from the pop-up menu:

Check/uncheck not available for my songs on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.