Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controlling Apple Music on Home Pod via iPad or iPhone

Is there a way to control Apple Music playing on my HomePod from iPhone or iPad and NOTwith voice control/Siri?

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Might as well get a plain old Bluetooth speaker, like an Amazon Echo if I’m going to Airplay to it.

I was able to figure it out with a combination of everyone’s answer. Thank you all; with that being said, it’s not very “Steve Jobsy. It just works easy”.

It is a bit convoluted.

I first had to go and long press on the HomePod in Home then tap on the the playlist or song playing in the Apple music app. I could then adjust the playlist but could not long press on a song and tell it to play next.

iPhone iOS 13.1.2

HomePod iOS 12.4

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 4:02 PM in response to Vancouver22

Might as well get a plain old Bluetooth speaker, like an Amazon Echo if I’m going to Airplay to it.

I was able to figure it out with a combination of everyone’s answer. Thank you all; with that being said, it’s not very “Steve Jobsy. It just works easy”.

It is a bit convoluted.

I first had to go and long press on the HomePod in Home then tap on the the playlist or song playing in the Apple music app. I could then adjust the playlist but could not long press on a song and tell it to play next.

iPhone iOS 13.1.2

HomePod iOS 12.4

Oct 2, 2019 7:50 PM in response to fabian1313

You don’t have to use it through the home App. I just mentioned that because it’s a new feature and an additional way to get at the controls.If you airplay from your device it will also display on lock screen to control it. It’s not the full controls the Apple Music App has. Try the Music App on your iPhone.

1. From the app - under the song that’s playing you can Select Airplay .
  2. Choose the HomePod .

Controlling Apple Music on Home Pod via iPad or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.