Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 issues after ios 13 update

my iphone 7 was a perfect jewel for 3 years. Always in a case. Always with a screen protector. Never dropped it. Never got it wet. Updated to ios 13 and it turned to a complete piece of Sh%t! Can't make or receive phone calls because mic and speakers will not work during calls. Seemed to be okay until the first time I connected to my bluetooth speaker and then it never worked again. Tried hard reset. Tried settings reset. Squirt. Pass gas. Burp. Pass gas again. Diarrhea. Anyone else having issue or a workaround?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 7:35 PM

This problem is being talked about all over the internet. It's the IOS update that killed the phone. It was caused by the software, but the damage occurs to the hardware. The common story is that Apple will not help you if your phone is out of the warranty period, even though, it was the IOS update that caused the problem. Seems like a great way to make those frugal users who try to take good care of their phone, have to buy a new phone.

I suppose that Apple has fine print protecting them from having to fix all these (now) useless phones. I am VERY unhappy with Apple about this.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 7:35 PM in response to anypats

This problem is being talked about all over the internet. It's the IOS update that killed the phone. It was caused by the software, but the damage occurs to the hardware. The common story is that Apple will not help you if your phone is out of the warranty period, even though, it was the IOS update that caused the problem. Seems like a great way to make those frugal users who try to take good care of their phone, have to buy a new phone.

I suppose that Apple has fine print protecting them from having to fix all these (now) useless phones. I am VERY unhappy with Apple about this.

Oct 26, 2019 3:37 PM in response to petr0l

So my wife’s iPhone 7 did exactly the same thing within 2 hours of updating to iOS 13. I just sucked it up and bought an iPhone 11 but I guess the lesson here is to stop being careful with your phone by always keeping it in a case and never dropping it, etc but instead...abuse the **** out of it, pay for Apple care and get a new phone every few months

iphone 7 issues after ios 13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.