Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't share a note on iOS 13. Server error message each time.

Hello everybody,

On latest iOS 13, when I try to share a note I always have an error message :

Impossible to connect. Server Error. Try again later.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 9:44 AM

Hello Dibang,

I understand you're trying to share a note you created using the Notes app and are unable to do so. You're receiving a message that says it's unable to connect due to a server error, and to try again later. Notes is a great app to use to collaborate and share information with other people. I can understand reaching out for help when it's not working like you expect. I'm happy to assist you with this.

When you experience issues with server errors like this, it's always a good idea to check the Apple System Status page to see if there are any outages that might be causing it. Very recently iCloud Notes was experiencing an outage that should have been resolved on October 4th. You can view this same information here: System Status. Have you attempted to share another note recently? If not, try that now. If you continue to experience the same thing, try these steps next:

1. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC has a strong Internet connection. If you're connected to cellular data, try sharing a note while connected to Wi-Fi, and vice versa.
  3. Try sharing a different note. If the same thing happens, try sharing a note to a different contact. This helps narrow things down further.

Here is some additional information about sharing notes that you might find helpful: Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 9:44 AM in response to Dibang

Hello Dibang,

I understand you're trying to share a note you created using the Notes app and are unable to do so. You're receiving a message that says it's unable to connect due to a server error, and to try again later. Notes is a great app to use to collaborate and share information with other people. I can understand reaching out for help when it's not working like you expect. I'm happy to assist you with this.

When you experience issues with server errors like this, it's always a good idea to check the Apple System Status page to see if there are any outages that might be causing it. Very recently iCloud Notes was experiencing an outage that should have been resolved on October 4th. You can view this same information here: System Status. Have you attempted to share another note recently? If not, try that now. If you continue to experience the same thing, try these steps next:

1. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC has a strong Internet connection. If you're connected to cellular data, try sharing a note while connected to Wi-Fi, and vice versa.
  3. Try sharing a different note. If the same thing happens, try sharing a note to a different contact. This helps narrow things down further.

Here is some additional information about sharing notes that you might find helpful: Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

I can't share a note on iOS 13. Server error message each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.