Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13 problem syncing call history on Honda/Acura vehicles.

Installed ios 13 and my 2017 Acura MDX displays "Unable To Load Call History" message every time I start the car. As this is the second time I have problems between my iPhone7 and my MDX, I strongly believe it is another problem with Apple software. Last problem was with ios 11 release and took a long time for Apple to release the eventual fix. Installed 13.2.1 yesterday and none of those maintenance fixes touched the problem. I wish Apple would QA their software releases. I hate to become the person that waits 6 months before doing an upgrade because I want Apple to shake out the bugs.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 10:32 AM

Ok, I should have remembered this from one of the last updates, because it worked for me that time: For my 2017 Acura MDX • iPhone 8 • iOs 13.1.2, I just went into the settings on the vehicle and completely disconnected/deleted my phone, this does however delete your favorites/speed dial in vehicle. I then re-paired the same phone and followed the usual prompts, to allow auto synchronization (call log/history, which was still "on" like before), and to allow texts (again, it was on before but not working just as the call log with the new update). The vehicle is now working again with my phone. It is again loading the call log, no more call log/history failure, and it is again receiving text messages. BUT BONUS: Never has the vehicle since I've owned it new from Acura, actually sent a reply text via the vehicle's default messages that you can select onscreen...IT'S NOW SENDING THE REPLY I SELECT ONSCREEN VIA TEXT...it's the little wins y'all. In the past when I attempted to reply to a text via the vehicle onscreen I would always get an error/message failed to send screen. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me just 5 minutes ago. (2017 Acura MDX • iPhone 8 • iOs 13.1.2) Hope this will be of help to others!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 10:32 AM in response to mistique2112

Ok, I should have remembered this from one of the last updates, because it worked for me that time: For my 2017 Acura MDX • iPhone 8 • iOs 13.1.2, I just went into the settings on the vehicle and completely disconnected/deleted my phone, this does however delete your favorites/speed dial in vehicle. I then re-paired the same phone and followed the usual prompts, to allow auto synchronization (call log/history, which was still "on" like before), and to allow texts (again, it was on before but not working just as the call log with the new update). The vehicle is now working again with my phone. It is again loading the call log, no more call log/history failure, and it is again receiving text messages. BUT BONUS: Never has the vehicle since I've owned it new from Acura, actually sent a reply text via the vehicle's default messages that you can select onscreen...IT'S NOW SENDING THE REPLY I SELECT ONSCREEN VIA TEXT...it's the little wins y'all. In the past when I attempted to reply to a text via the vehicle onscreen I would always get an error/message failed to send screen. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me just 5 minutes ago. (2017 Acura MDX • iPhone 8 • iOs 13.1.2) Hope this will be of help to others!

Oct 15, 2019 9:34 AM in response to trixietink1

A big Thank You to trixietink1

I was actually dubious about trying to delete and re-pair my bluetooth connection, thinking that Apple would then fail to import anything, contacts, call history, etc. So I was willing to put up with the inconvenience every time I started my car.

This morning I sat in my car, engine running and reinstalled my phone to my 2017 MDX. Then sat there and reentered my speed dial list of names/numbers.

What I find irritating is that Apple support is a misnomer. This really is user support for Apple products. And Apple allowed me to tag the solution with "This Answered My Question". Shame that Apple doesn't have an entry for Fix The Problem!!!!

ios 13 problem syncing call history on Honda/Acura vehicles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.