Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls drop after IOS 13 update

My calls keep dropping since I’ve done the IOS 13 update. Any idea when a fix will be out?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 5:31 AM

7 replies

Oct 4, 2019 5:55 AM in response to jjboshoff

Call Failed or Dropped Calls

In telecommunications, the dropped-call / Call-Failed rate (DCR) is the fraction of the telephone calls which, due to technical reasons, were cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversational tone and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed). This fraction is usually measured as a percentage of all calls.

5 Reasons Your Phone Keeps Dropping Calls or encounter Call Failed and iOS update is not one of them,

1. Your Signal Is Weak.
  2. It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  3. The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  4. You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  5. You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another (Carrier's Handshake Issue)

Options Are...

Usually cheap phones demonstrate these behaviour because often they employ low-quality antennas that are vastly inferior to more expensive components, and at times battery quality impacts signal strength, too. And if you still encounter problems, calling your carrier's tech support line may offer clues as to reasons for your call failure or dropped calls.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203032

Oct 28, 2019 3:53 PM in response to pierrefromcastres

Some newer issues may have resulted from update/upgrade to iOS 13.2 more recent version now available.

For those who have awaited to 'resolve problems' in iOS12 or iOS11, this may also cause those to wait longer.

Looking through to see - if specific reference exists to this latest revised iOS - and have found nothing yet.

{..My iPhone SE still awaits certain issues to be resolved before I open more

flood gates with newer problems; he can only hold his breath for so long..}

Good luck & happy trails!🌞🌤

Calls drop after IOS 13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.