Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have plenty of memory on my ipod touch, but it will not sync any more albums to it.

I have plenty of memory on my ipod touch, but it will not sync any more albums to it. I've updated both itunes and OS. What's left to try?

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 8:01 AM

Thank you for the reply. I went through most of what you suggest and the key turned out to be downloaded music through Apple music. When you do that it enables icloud and assumes that you want to keep whatever you downloaded forever, so it disables the ipod's ability to sync with itunes because that will wipe out anything that is not on itunes. Once I disabled icloud, it would sync with itunes again, and I got a warning saying that there were songs that would be deleted. I had to accept it.

I think that this is a silly feature. If Apple is so afraid of pirated music, can't they just put a filter in itunes that would know that you downloaded a song through Apple Music? You should at the least get a message saying that itunes will not sync with your ipod because it has downloaded music on it. But again, this whole feature is crap.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 8:01 AM in response to the fiend

Thank you for the reply. I went through most of what you suggest and the key turned out to be downloaded music through Apple music. When you do that it enables icloud and assumes that you want to keep whatever you downloaded forever, so it disables the ipod's ability to sync with itunes because that will wipe out anything that is not on itunes. Once I disabled icloud, it would sync with itunes again, and I got a warning saying that there were songs that would be deleted. I had to accept it.

I think that this is a silly feature. If Apple is so afraid of pirated music, can't they just put a filter in itunes that would know that you downloaded a song through Apple Music? You should at the least get a message saying that itunes will not sync with your ipod because it has downloaded music on it. But again, this whole feature is crap.

Oct 4, 2019 12:50 PM in response to Everlast54

1. What happens when you perform a Sync, do you see any error messages?
  2. Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library to this iPod before now? Note that if you have re-built (re-installed) your iTunes, or your computer, you will have to set up Sync options again. If you have not synced to this computer before, be aware that not only do you need to set up Sync options, but that any Sync will remove all the media from the old iTunes and put on only what is in the new library. Make sure you understand this point. If there is music on your iPod that is not in your Library (and can be played in that library), it will be deleted - end of story.
  3. How are you using Sync? Is it by playlists, albums, artists and genres or are you syncing your Entire Library?
    1. if syncing by playlists etc, have you added the new albums to the list of items to be synced?
    2. if syncing your entire library, are the new songs on the new albums ticked? (See the Songs view in your Library to see the tick boxes easily.) If songs are not ticked - and you have the option to Sync only ticked songs and videos turned on, that will be why the new music doesn't get onto your iPod

I have plenty of memory on my ipod touch, but it will not sync any more albums to it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.