Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 won't turn off

My iPhone 11 will not turn off. I can hold the button in for several minutes and I never get the slide button to turn it off. It is as if the phone has no capacity to turn off. It is a brand new phone and I have been having the issue since I got it.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 5:29 PM

It is not frozen and that is not nearly the only issue with this new phone. When I get calls and people leave voice messages, there is no notification of the message. The only way I can get messages is to hold down the number 1 and wait for voice mail to come up. The phone doesn't turn off except for a restart using the assist mode. I hate that mode having that floating ball always in my way. The phone issue was on my iphone 6S and was why I was told I needed to get a new phone, but I have the same issue here. Nothing has been resolved except I am now paying monthly for a new phone. Frustrated.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 5:29 PM in response to marci164

It is not frozen and that is not nearly the only issue with this new phone. When I get calls and people leave voice messages, there is no notification of the message. The only way I can get messages is to hold down the number 1 and wait for voice mail to come up. The phone doesn't turn off except for a restart using the assist mode. I hate that mode having that floating ball always in my way. The phone issue was on my iphone 6S and was why I was told I needed to get a new phone, but I have the same issue here. Nothing has been resolved except I am now paying monthly for a new phone. Frustrated.

iPhone 11 won't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.