Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Bluetooth issues

i have multiple Bluetooth devices that will not pair to iPhone 11 pro max with 13.1.2

all devices connect fine with iOS 13 on my iPad. The issue is with the iphone 11. Previous discussion marked solved due to iOS 13.1 however the issues are not resolved after 13.1.2

anyone found a culprit, the iPhone can see the devices but will not pair, all resets, forget, etc. and been unhelpful and a waste of time due to the issue with the iPhone 11.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 9:09 PM

68 replies

Dec 17, 2019 5:49 PM in response to Sperritt1

I have the same issue - constant disconnecting/reconnecting. I have tried:

1. completely removing from car and repairing
  2. reset network settings
  3. full erase all content and settings, setup as new iphone (not restoring from backup)
  4. turning wifi off as some users had reported for a work-around

Nothing works for me. Airpods continue to crackle out after ~5 min on a phone call and bluetooth through my Acura TSX disconnects/reconnects every 30 seconds or so. Can't make phone calls (which I'm very much dependent on) and can't play music through my car.

This is infuriating after spending so much money on a phone. Rather than acknowledge the issue, I'm getting the run around from Apple to help them diagnose an issue of which they are already aware. Beginning to reconsider my dedication to the brand based on this treatment/experience.

Oct 7, 2019 8:12 AM in response to Sperritt1

This what worked for me.

Go to settings

go to general

go to reset

click on RESET NETWORK SETTINGS

enter your pass code. And follow prompts

from what the tech told me this helps unconfuse the phone (computer, because that’s what it really is).

you will need to reconnect all your deviceses and WiFi. But it works.

Hopefully long enough for apple to fix the bug that has been created.

Good luck everyone

Oct 10, 2019 9:43 PM in response to Reibs024

The store guy I deal with said it should be fixed with more updates. he said they rolled out this new update with a load of bugs. so he told me to do a reset on the on the network settings. and for me that has worked for my truck. I still cant find my ear piece....I threw it somewhere in the fit of rage ;-) but after I reset the network settings it been better.

he said that the Bluetooth and the wifi use that same system and it gets confused with many different wifi and Bluetooth units attached....

Oct 18, 2019 8:15 PM in response to Amixen79

that worked for me very well. if it continues to be an issue, the best course of action is to call Apple, and schedule an appointment at your local, (closest) apple store. don't do anything over the phone. Very important! "schedule" your appointment. make sure you are there 15 mins before your time. walk past the one mile line right to the front door an find an appler with an ipad. they will sign you in and will seat you for service. they tested mine. they have the coolest system to check every single feature of your devise.

Now here is a little known fact, apple has your warrantee info on your phone now. if you go to settings, general, then about, you will see your limited warranty expiration date. and your apple care+ coverage info.

good luck.

Oct 31, 2019 11:35 AM in response to Sperritt1

I bought 11 Pro a week ago.

It seemed to work fine until I got in my car. Bluetooth is on, connected to car system, then out, back on again, off... then lost bluetooth totally, but the phone indicates that's still connected. I have a new car. Same thing in my wife´s few years old car...and in my co-worker´s new Audi... all does the same.

I've contacted Apple support two times now. Yesterday they said that the problem is IOS 13.1.2.

I told them to read & study what that 13.2. update is about. But I made that update yesterday and it didn't change anything. Ofcourse I knew this in the beginning.

Today I called again to Apple support. They said now that the problem is in the backup copy which I downloaded to my new phone from iCloud. My old iPhone was 6S Plus. That phone was working really nice.

The instruction was to make a new backup file with the 11 Pro, return all the factory settings to the phone and empty everything one more time. Customer support guy was almost 100% sure that this will solve the problem. Well, it didn't.

He promised to send me instructions to my e-mail, but I think he put them on the road with the mailman...

Tomorrow AGAIN call request to Apple support. I will try one more time SOMETHING, IF they have more good advices what to do.

If tomorrow this issue is not solved, I will return this piece of s*** to the shop. I really need a working bluetooth in my car. I rather keep my old 6S Plus and save my nerves...

Oct 31, 2019 2:09 PM in response to jmon71

I have the same problem. But if someone calls me, bluetooth seems to keep call online. Just noticed it tonight.

When car system gives command to the phone via bluetooth, it won't drop out. Have to test this tomorrow and keep call online few minutes and see what happens. This would be helpful for Apple product development, because I think that no-one at Apple don't know what is this all about. I bought this unfinished "beta-phone" last week and paid almost 1400€... Shame... I really have liked Apple products.

Nov 4, 2019 5:20 AM in response to Sperritt1

Bluetooth issues.

Ever since I updated my phone to iOS 13.1 & beyond, just like everyone else, I’ve been plagued with Bluetooth connection problems. If you spoke with Apple they would say the usual rubbish & nothing would still happen.

I’ve got an iPhone 7s & I think I may have stumbled on a solution. This works for me: Put simply.

Switch off WiFi, enable Bluetooth then voila, no more problems

Nov 4, 2019 8:27 AM in response to Noodle524

Are you saying your iPhone 11 is now working by disabling wi-fi and leaving wifi disabled while on bluetooth? Or saying this step works on a 7S which is not the thread issue....this is an all iPhone 11 issue thread.

No matter, disabling wi-fi to make Bluetooth work is an unacceptable workaround.

I had an iphone 7, and the same Bluetooth devices, multiple earbuds v4.x , my 2016 toyota tundra entertainment, all worked just fine with the iphone 7. and at the latest IOS version ( as I just bought the new iPhone 11). I will note my bluetooth v5.x earpiece had issues on iphone 7 also. Not the v4.x devices. Supposedly the iPhone 11 should work with Bluetooth v5.x.

This for me is exclusively iPhone 11 issue at latest IOS and the thread is aptly name 'iPhone 11 Bluetooth issues'.

None of the fixes/steps mentioned by Apple support have worked, and I have tried them (reset network for example). It is clear as day an iPhone 11 issue.

Glad your 7s is working though I wish same for my 1200 iPhone 11!

Nov 4, 2019 12:11 PM in response to Sperritt1

Hi,

May I know if, in settings, BLuetooth change from Ys (activated) to No or Not available ? Do you have a mac to get some logs ?

I've connected my iPhone to my mac and try to get the crash while having the console.app running and capturing logs of my iPhone.

here is the result :

erreur 13:30:17.290622+0100 bluetoothd STATUS 1305 (8)

erreur 13:30:17.290776+0100 bluetoothd Hardware error - Bt chip timed out while trying to transfer data to SPMI master (8)

par défaut 13:30:17.291383+0100 bluetoothd FW PCIe core dumps disabled or not supported

par défaut 13:30:17.291699+0100 bluetoothd FW log streaming disabled, skipping BTDebug log dump

par défaut 13:30:17.291850+0100 bluetoothd Bluetooth error - restarting { build: release, reason: 652, context: }

now, the question is why Bt chip timed out ? real hardware error or sw crash before ??? I'm trying to understand what's going on on my iPhone and it seems several people get BT issues... I try just to see if we all face same issue or not (and maybe someone from Apple will react ...)

Nov 12, 2019 6:49 AM in response to The-caretaker

I have a 2018 Toyota. Yesterday they updated car´s system to newest one - like Apple support adviced to do. I´m glad that I still have warranty valid.. otherwise the update would have been more than 200€ for nothing.

Nothing changed. Still having the same issue, dropping bluetooth in my car. Same ****, different day.

Apple´s support hasn´t got anything done. I´m going today to return our phones back to the store... Bye bye 11 Pro.

Nov 12, 2019 9:44 AM in response to desireebaring

I'm having the same issue. I went from a near flawless connection with my iPhone X to having 3 "successful" connections with the iPhone 11 Pro Max since October 15th. I've repaired it 3 times, I've reset my network settings twice. I'm on 13.2.2. Between this and the random software hangs and glitches, I'm debating if I want to downgrade just so I can have a working phone again.

My next step is to do a full factory restore and then pull my image back down from the cloud. something I didn't want to do, since it burns a bunch of our data, but I don't really see any other choice.

I've already talked my wife, her parents, and my parents out of their annual upgrades, and told them to just stay with their iPhone 7s since they won't really gain anything out of the upgrade and I don't want to be the one who gets blamed for all the problems they're going to have.

Nov 21, 2019 6:09 AM in response to Sperritt1

So I think I figured out a workaround to make the iPhone 11 pro connect bluetooth and not drop the bluetooth connection.

Follow these steps:

1- Update you software to the latest release (Mine is 13.2.3)

2- Reset Network Connection (General --> Reset --> Reset Network Connections)

3- Put your phone on airplane mode

4- Restart your phone (hold power & volume up/down, then slide power off)

5- Wait 30 seconds

6- While you phone is off, turn off the bluetooth device you're trying to pair to (Forget connection on that device too if you can)

7- Restart your iPhone (hold power button until Apple logo appears)

8- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone (leave airplane mode "ON" for now)

9- "Forget" the bluetooth connection on your iPhone

10- Turn off airplane mode

11- Turn off WiFi (On the Wi-Fi tab in settings -- NOT on the slide down menu)

12- Re-pair your device to your iPhone via bluetooth

13- DO NOT turn on Wi-Fi (This will cause the phone to drop the bluetooth for some reason)

This will enable the bluetooth device to stay connected to your iPhone for now. As soon as it loses the connection, you will have to turn Airplane mode On again and repeat steps 9 thru 13.

I can't believe that Apple makes us go through this to use the bluetooth ... probably because they are trying to make the manufacturers of all these ancillary devices pay royalties!! When you pay $1200 for a phone that advertises bluetooth, it should work with ALL bluetooth devices!!

Hope it helps!!

Nov 21, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Sperritt1

Having the exact same issue with my Hyundai Ioniq car multimedia system, and my Sony headphones.

talked to Apple Support today, after suggesting all of the above solutions (which I have already tried), the guy asked me to install a Bluetooth logging profile, and write down time stamps when the issue happens.

in my case, the voice in the car multimedia system and with my headphones, is simply like scrambled, and gives some metallic sounds with breaks, until the other side gives up and hangs the call up.

this is the most annoying bug I’ve ever experienced with an Apple product, and the bad thing in Israel is that you can’t just get a refund if you already used the phone (even after one day).

the interesting thing is that my father who has the same iPhone 11 Pro Max, and almost the same car multimedia system is not having these issues at all.

I just don’t know how to explain it. So frustrating.

iPhone 11 Bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.