Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The SOI Removal Album for that awful U2 album STILL doesn't work

Already went here: https://itunes.com/soi-remove I try to login and it fails. Makes you do 2 factor ID verification - which normally would be fine, but confusingly, it pops up both on my laptop AND my computer - as in dueling codes. I've tried accepting both, but not sure which code I need to enter. Whichever one I choose never works.

Then I've tried to enter the code they give me after my password. On this thread, someone said you may have to add it after your regular password. (?) So if your PW is "ilikecheese8" and 2FA code is 777 111, I'd enter my password as "Ilikecheese8777111". NOTHING WORKS. Does anyone have any idea why both my laptop and phone show up w/ the the 2 factor ID verification question, and which code I should use? For the record, I'm trying to delete it on my laptop.

Message to apple: Why can't I delete this album? It should take 2 seconds, not years of back and forth on this forum. It sounds small but it's more than mildly infuriating to not have control over our own music, and then to not have the controls to delete something you never wanted.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 3:03 AM

You could just hide it, that is all the removal tool would do if you had ever downloaded the album : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

The tool worked when it was released over 5 years ago, if you've now decided you want the album permanently deleted from the account you could try contacting iTunes Support.

Message to apple: Why can't I delete this album? It should take 2 seconds, not years of back and forth on this forum. It sounds small but it's more than mildly infuriating to not have control over our own music, and then to not have the controls to delete something you never wanted.

Apple are not here, you know that these are user forums and that we are just fellow users.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 3:03 AM in response to littlepsyche

You could just hide it, that is all the removal tool would do if you had ever downloaded the album : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

The tool worked when it was released over 5 years ago, if you've now decided you want the album permanently deleted from the account you could try contacting iTunes Support.

Apple are not here, you know that these are user forums and that we are just fellow users.

The SOI Removal Album for that awful U2 album STILL doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.