Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THE LINK TO REMOVE U2 ALBUM AIN'T WORKING BECAUSE OF THE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS ON AND WON'T TURN OFF!!!

Hi there! I

just wanted to follow up on this thread?? What else should I do? I tried this link http://itunes.com/soi-remove several times but just didn't work because my two-factor authentication for appleID security is ON in which I understand how good that is for my stuff' security and all but havin' that said though the suppose helpful link just prompts asking for my appleID & PW over and over again and will generate codes but won't help at all in deleting the U2 album whatever that I don't wanna keep.

When I tried to find ways to turn it (two-factor authentication) off I read that once it is ON-we won't have an option to turn it OFF even for temporary reason.

PLEASE, SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT TO DO? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

Btw, the U2 album isn't showing in my iphoneXS itunes, it's only in my mac (Macbook Air2019). Just incase this info matters.

Thank you so much in advance!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 7:56 AM

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and simply hide the purchase for now which will stop it showing in your library unless you've already downloaded a copy (which you could delete). Contact Apple Support if you want assistance removing it from your purchase history completely.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 7:56 AM in response to Aireen_

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and simply hide the purchase for now which will stop it showing in your library unless you've already downloaded a copy (which you could delete). Contact Apple Support if you want assistance removing it from your purchase history completely.

tt2

Jun 18, 2020 7:06 PM in response to Aireen_

I feel your pain. I have spent several hours on the phone with Apple support. I was told to use the standard method to delete this album. I have been deleting this thing every day, several times a day, and yet it still appears on all my devices. I did not have this problem for years after initially deleting this album when it first arrived. Now that I have a new iMac it seems determined to haunt me. "Hiding" the album does not work. If I try to hide, it doesn't appear in my account because it was not "purchased". The web site designated to remove this album also does not work, as you mentioned. Apple won't let me delete this one album, although it refused to restore many (purchased) albums lost when my hard drive crashed a month ago. Ironic.

THE LINK TO REMOVE U2 ALBUM AIN'T WORKING BECAUSE OF THE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS ON AND WON'T TURN OFF!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.