Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding hidden devices

I posted a query regarding a problem that a refurbished iPhone 7 had been previously authorised by Apple Music. I received this message:

Allow this device to use Apple Music

This device was previously used with a different Apple ID. To access your subscription you'll need to sync your library with this Apple ID. You won't be able to change to a different Apple ID for 90 days.

The responses cleared the issue better but I cannot believe that there is not a mechanism by which Apple can override this requirement in a case where it is clearly not possible to deauthorise an unknown device.

My next problem is: I inadvertently twice authorised this device taking me over the limit of 5 authorisations. Now I cannot see either authorisation. Can someone provide an answer to this problem as I assume I would be able to determine when the 90 days are up.

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:43 PM

Check here -> View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases

View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

⤵️

More about associated devices

You can have ten devices (no more than five computers) associated with your Apple ID for purchases at one time.

When you try to associate a device that was previously associated, you might notice a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." You might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with a different Apple ID.

This list of associated devices is not the same as the list of devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. You can find out where you're signed in on your Apple ID account page.

Get more help:

📞 Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

or -> Contact Apple Support -> Get Support (apple.com)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:43 PM in response to Phil Drew

Check here -> View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases

View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

⤵️

More about associated devices

You can have ten devices (no more than five computers) associated with your Apple ID for purchases at one time.

When you try to associate a device that was previously associated, you might notice a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." You might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with a different Apple ID.

This list of associated devices is not the same as the list of devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. You can find out where you're signed in on your Apple ID account page.

Get more help:

📞 Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

or -> Contact Apple Support -> Get Support (apple.com)

Finding hidden devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.