Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move a photo to an album in ipados?

iPadOS 13.1.2

I’m in Photos, looking at a photo from several years ago. I want to save that photo to an album. I’m pretty sure in iOS I could directly save that photo to an album. In iPadOS, in seems that I have first go to the album, and then go find the photo again to save it to that album. In iPadOS, how do I directly save a photo to an album? Thank you. Jack

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 11:57 PM

When you select photo - click on bottom left icon - it come up airdrop/ messages/ mail etc - now scroll down and you will find other options - including move to album - I just happened to notice this !

32 replies

Oct 6, 2019 1:15 AM in response to jck0109

or anything equivalent—in Photos on my iPad Pros (12.9 & 9.7) using iPadOS 13.1.2

jck0109 wrote:

However, I cannot find the “Select/ tap photo/Add to album” functionality—or anything equivalent—in Photos on my iPad Pros (12.9 & 9.7) using iPadOS 13.1.2, or on my iPhone Xs with iOS 13.1.2.

I am using iPadOS 13.1.2 like you, and for me "Add to Album" appears in the Share menu, when I select a photo and tap "Share". The photo needs to have been downloaded from iCloud, however to be able to share it.

Oct 5, 2019 9:44 AM in response to jck0109

I happen to have an old iPad Mini 2, which is not eligible for update to iPadOS; it’s still on iOS 12.4.2. Leonie, your instructions DO work in Photos on my iPad Mini 2 with iOS 12. However, I cannot find the “Select/ tap photo/Add to album” functionality—or anything equivalent—in Photos on my iPad Pros (12.9 & 9.7) using iPadOS 13.1.2, or on my iPhone Xs with iOS 13.1.2.

Nov 8, 2019 3:51 AM in response to Pat Hale

Agree. As well, Duplicate has been Removed. I did discover you can Copy an image then Paste it into an Album. However you cannot paste it into the main All Photos album which I think has been renamed Recent, even though it contains All your photos. This latest update is the Least Intuitive update so far. iPad & iPhone Photos was elegant. Move here, place there, duplicate, Add to Album. Now I feel like I’m working on a PC copying and pasting. Hope the next update fixes this mess.

How do I move a photo to an album in ipados?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.