Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac continues to restart after waking from sleep.

Had a 5 min power outage and have a UPS. Was able to shut system down before battery drained. Now system goes to sleep and upon wakening I get message "Your computer was restarted because of a problem." The report indicates a "Panic Report" (see attached).

I've updated my OS to macOS Mojave v 10.14.6 and the problem persists. My machine is a 2017 iMac 27", with 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 3:24 PM

UPDATE: Problem resolved. Quite possibly a lose RAM module. I checked the modules and then ran Apple's <Option>-<D> when booting. Machine operating normally without error message. There is one other possibility - Recently installed AnyDesk about two days before the power failure and during each reboot AnyDesk initiated. I deleted the program prior to the test and did not check if that was the problem. Thanks again for the help. JR

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 3:24 PM in response to JRotella

UPDATE: Problem resolved. Quite possibly a lose RAM module. I checked the modules and then ran Apple's <Option>-<D> when booting. Machine operating normally without error message. There is one other possibility - Recently installed AnyDesk about two days before the power failure and during each reboot AnyDesk initiated. I deleted the program prior to the test and did not check if that was the problem. Thanks again for the help. JR

Oct 5, 2019 5:49 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you. It is a 27” with Apple factory installed RAM (4 x 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4). We live near a stone quarry that uses explosives once a day M-F. So after 2 years I guess it’s possible the ram modules could come lose or maybe went bad. I’ll check that out. I hope it’s not my HD, however my old machine went through 2 HDs. I’ll provide an update on the findings. Thanks again. JR

iMac continues to restart after waking from sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.