Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes start in bold

Ever since the updates after 13, my new notes automatically start in bold text. They are also bigger than the older notes. Bold is not selected in the display and brightness section either. I have to turn bold off each time I start writing a new note. This is very annoying. How do I change it to start in normal text and not bold? I did not have this problem before the last few updates. Thanks.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 3:38 PM

I was just given a solution that worked for me. If you go to Settings and click on Notes, find where it says “New notes start with.” This may have been changed to ”Title”. You can change it back to ”Body” and fix the problem.

7 replies

Oct 7, 2019 3:36 PM in response to I_have_a_Q

Hello I_have_a_Q,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue with your Notes app automatically selecting bold. I'm happy to help you find a resolution.

Here are a few resources that can assist you:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let me know if you are still having an issue after reviewing the articles.

Have a great day!

Notes start in bold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.