Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I hit the browse key the entire program freezes and have to reboot computer

When in the iTunes program using Windows 10 the entire iTunes program freezes when I try to play anything from the BROWSE menu. I have a apple music subscription that is active. No other buttons are functionable. The only way to close the iTunes program is to reboot the computer. This started around Sept 28. Updating Windows, etc did not help.

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:15 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 7:15 AM in response to trainarollin

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

When I hit the browse key the entire program freezes and have to reboot computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.