Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hide/skip a Safari update in Software update?

Hello all,

I recently performed a system restore to roll back a Safari update that uninstalled extensions/removed compatibility. This took several hours and I wanted to avoid the possibility that I would install it by mistake again from one of the daily apple popups. The following command seemed like it would do the trick:

softwareupdate --ignore Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto-13.0.1

which returned:

Ignored updates:

(

"Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto-13.0.1"

)

which seemed good, but the update is still present and waiting in Software update, and I am still getting 'do you want to install now or later' prompts. What would you try next? Many thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 12:44 AM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2019 5:31 AM in response to escalinci

Hi have the same problem! Don't want to to be annoyed with Catalina Upgrade messages and Safari 13 Updates.

For Catalina, the ignore updates command did the trick!

But for Safari I have not been lucky yet. Are you sure the name "Safari13.0.1MojaveAuto-13.0.1" ist correct?

Meanwhile we're at 13.0.3, so they will probably all need to be added in the list... but one needs to know the exact name for each one.

How to hide/skip a Safari update in Software update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.