Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will ADOBE CS6 Applications still work after APPLE retires 32bit support in Catalina?

Will ADOBE CS6 Applications such as PHOTOSHOP CS6 13.0.6 64bit still work after APPLE retires 32bit support in Catalina? The software uses other 32bit Adobe Application Manager 10.0.0.49 software and others to validate or run other processes in the background. Will it work? I will not spend monthly subscription fees for a perfectly good functional application that I already invested money in.

What is the fail back method for Apple Software version upgrades if I choose to revert?

Apple you need to give your customers options.

1. Standard Upgrade: Sorry your money just blew out the window and we are not turning the car around.
  2. You can get out and walk from here: Keep your 32 and 64 bit apps and stay in the Mojave desert without an upgraded car.
  3. Adrift in the desert you find the Rosetta stone and are able to Run your 32 bit applications on the new Catalina cruiser.
  4. Thumb a ride from a PC and leave Apple to roam the desert alone.

Support your long time customer Apple and escalate the issue to Tim.

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 9:11 AM

Similar questions

20 replies

Oct 6, 2019 10:09 AM in response to overheatgpudie

FWIW, OSX 10.7 released in 2011 was a fully 64-bit operating system.

The CS6 "suite" released in 2012. It was Adobe's choice not to fully

support 64 bit in any subsequent updates. Adobe has dropped support

the CS6 suite for quite some time now and was deemed by Adobe as obsolete.

So where is it Apple's fault for no longer supporting obsolete 3rd party

32 bit applications that it has no control over.

Oct 6, 2019 10:31 AM in response to overheatgpudie

The 64bit CS6 and the 32bit Application Manager....i am in the same situation, the only thing we can do is to make a time machine back up (to have the option to recover back to Mojave) and update to Catalina, maybe the Application Manager can run, or maybe we can use the creative cloud desktop app to activate, if that fails i will use my old Mac Pro 1.1 to run Photoshop CS6.

Will ADOBE CS6 Applications still work after APPLE retires 32bit support in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.