Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had to remain using High Sierra due to issues Mojave had with my PhotoShop V Suite and not wanting to pay Adobe a monthly fee for upgrades to the program. Does anyone know if current versions of either Mojave or Catalina corrected this issue?

I have had to remain using High Sierra due to issues Mojave had with my PhotoShop V Suite and not wanting to pay Adobe a monthly fee for upgrades to the program. Does anyone know if current versions of either Mojave or Catalina corrected this issue?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 9:51 AM

I've used Adobe's products for decades, and have never heard of Photoshop V, or any suite by that name. Is that supposed to be CS5?

If so, that's old software that simply will not work well beyond High Sierra. Even CS6 isn't fully functional in Mojave. After Effects CS6 won't even launch (the OS spits out a message the app cannot be run under this OS).

CS6 and older are dead in Catalina. While CS6 and CS5 are mostly 64 bit apps, they do have some 32 bit code and other 32 bit only support apps. Like the message in Mojave for After Effects CS6, Catalina tells you on any CS6 or older title that it cannot used.

There is not, and never will be a fix for it since all 32 bit apps are dead in Catalina.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Blairphoto

I've used Adobe's products for decades, and have never heard of Photoshop V, or any suite by that name. Is that supposed to be CS5?

If so, that's old software that simply will not work well beyond High Sierra. Even CS6 isn't fully functional in Mojave. After Effects CS6 won't even launch (the OS spits out a message the app cannot be run under this OS).

CS6 and older are dead in Catalina. While CS6 and CS5 are mostly 64 bit apps, they do have some 32 bit code and other 32 bit only support apps. Like the message in Mojave for After Effects CS6, Catalina tells you on any CS6 or older title that it cannot used.

There is not, and never will be a fix for it since all 32 bit apps are dead in Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.