Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13.1.2 downloaded without my action

I have elected not to upgrade from 12.4.1 on my iPhone XS yet the download for 13.1.2 has downloaded on my phone even though I have auto upgrades turned off, it also sends me an occasional message to install the download I didn't want in the first place. Has anyone seen this happen, is there another setting I missed to prevent this from happening?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 7:09 PM

When an iOS update becomes available and your device can install it, then it will download when you are connected to wi-fi, power, and the phone is locked. Such as what you do when you charge the phone at home at night. It will not update without user intervention unless you have Updates set to Automatic Updates. You can go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage and delete the update. However, if you are connected to power, wi-fi, and the phone is locked, it will eventually download again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 7:09 PM in response to Johnny E

When an iOS update becomes available and your device can install it, then it will download when you are connected to wi-fi, power, and the phone is locked. Such as what you do when you charge the phone at home at night. It will not update without user intervention unless you have Updates set to Automatic Updates. You can go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage and delete the update. However, if you are connected to power, wi-fi, and the phone is locked, it will eventually download again.

IOS 13.1.2 downloaded without my action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.