Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OneNote table shading does not work in the Mac Profile, but works in another?

When I use OneNote on my main account on my macbook pro, shading the tables does not work. I try to shade my table cells to no avail. In addition to this, when I highlight my cells, it is an ugly yellow color as displayed here:

When I log on to OneNote online the shading does work with my account, so I know its not a microsoft account problem. Also, when I log onto other accounts on my mac book, the highlighting of tables it back to normal (the normal grey) and shading works. I am thinking it is an account problem on the mac book user and I do not know how to solve it.

I have contacted microsoft numerous of times, uninstalled and reinstalled a few, cleared my cache, boot the computer in safe mode, to no avail. Please help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:30 AM

Hello, for those having the same problem, I have solved it.

Is it a setting for your display. When you increase the contrast of displays settings, for some reason it makes the problem happen All you need to do is this:

1. Go to System Preferences
  2. Click Accessibility
  3. Go to Display
  4. Uncheck the box that says "Increase Contrast"

Thank you SO MUCH apple for your help. If it weren't for you I would have not WASTED so much time with this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 7:30 AM in response to Juki Tie

Hello, for those having the same problem, I have solved it.

Is it a setting for your display. When you increase the contrast of displays settings, for some reason it makes the problem happen All you need to do is this:

1. Go to System Preferences
  2. Click Accessibility
  3. Go to Display
  4. Uncheck the box that says "Increase Contrast"

Thank you SO MUCH apple for your help. If it weren't for you I would have not WASTED so much time with this.

OneNote table shading does not work in the Mac Profile, but works in another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.