Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

firewire

How to configure firewire

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:39 AM

8 replies

Oct 11, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Good afternoon Keith,

Thank you for your reaction.

For some years I have been editing video tapes (DV) on my 2011 iMac.

I connect my Canon XM2 camcorder to my iMac with a firewire cable.

A few days ago my Adobe Premiere Elements (11) program stopped recognising the camcorder.

As i checked the network I found that though there was a cable connected on both sides, Adobe premiere did not "see" the camcorder. Changing cables and programs did not solve the problem.

The status (hereunder) is in Dutch and means : No connection. There are no firewire apparatus connected.

That is the reason why I asked Apple to tell me how to configure firewire as one can confirm Ethernet.

I thought I could solve the problem in this way.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Ad Baken

Oct 11, 2019 7:52 AM in response to dialabrain

Good afternoon Dialabrain,

Thank you for your reaction.

For some years I have been editing video tapes (DV) on my 2011 iMac.

I connect my Canon XM2 camcorder to my iMac with a firewire cable.

A few days ago my Adobe Premiere Elements (11) program stopped recognising the camcorder.

As i checked the network I found that though there was a cable connected on both sides, Adobe premiere did not "see" the camcorder. Changing cables and programs did not solve the problem.

The status (hereunder) is in Dutch and means : No connection. There are no firewire apparatus connected.

That is the reason why I asked Apple to tell me how to configure firewire as one can confirm Ethernet.

I thought I could solve the problem in this way.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Ad Baken

Oct 13, 2019 6:42 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Unfortunately following your advice was not the solution. Thanks anyway.

In the meantime I found out that there have been installed on my iMac two thunderbolt connections(version 1 and 2 ) and that Apple can provide an conversion cable from firewire to thunderbolt.

Tomorrow I will ask Apple.

If this solution is successful I will let you know

firewire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.