Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iphone 11Pro support bluetooth APTX?

Hi There,

I'am planning on Buying the new B&W headphones. Does the iphone 11Pro support bluetooth APTX or APTX HD?

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:56 AM

Thanks for the answer. that's incredible, you pay 1400€ and you can't play full resolution audio files. that's a shame. Apple don't care anymore about high quality Audio, they also removed the optical output on the new Apple TVs so I'm keeping the old one.

Regards

5 replies

Oct 7, 2019 9:53 AM in response to CESNET

1) Apple feels AAC+ provides high quality output, plus APTX requires the payment of rather high licensing fees to Qualcomm.

2) There's little need for optical on the AppleTV as HDMI is more than capable of carrying the audio. If you really need it, there are many boxes on the market that will strip digital audio from HDMI and transmit it over optical and perhaps provide a conventional headphone jack as well; examples can easily be found on Amazon and other sites.

Oct 7, 2019 11:01 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Thank you Will for the reply, very helpfull. AAC+ is much better than MP3 no doubt but I still prefer lossless Codec with 24bit 96khz sampling or 192kz. when using good headsets you can feel the difference, you don't hear it sometimes, unless trained but even neophites can feel that after 15 mins listening to high Quality they kind of like more the songs.

But the problem is that Bluetooth compress all those formats unless it's Bluetouth APTX HD. it's surprising that many manufacturers with phones at 500 bucks, don't care to pay licensing fees While apple, who has the biggest margin in the market, does not.

I had search already for the Audio "stripper" from HDMI and could not find any. I mean they all are active boxes while I don't need to convert the signal, just to take take it as it is to a Coax. Sincerely it would not have cost a lot to Apple put a Coax or optical output.

thanks again

Regards

Regards

Regards

Oct 10, 2019 1:44 AM in response to CESNET

I reply to myself since I found the answer to my previous post and it could be useful for others.

Passive HDMI sound stripper can not be made because in an HDMI cable the Digital sound is not carried in separated Wires but it is indeed Coded within the same signal/cables as the Video. So you will always need an active device capable of extrating that signal.

Regards

Does the iphone 11Pro support bluetooth APTX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.