Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone issues with passcode after new iOS

After installing the new iOS 13 my passcode entry is wonky.

Typing in my passcode produces feedback that is confirming that I am typing. So if I press a number the button lights up and the phone makes a click noise. This is expected but after typing 6 numbers, receiving six button flashes and hearing(very clearly) 6 clicks the dots at the top show only 5( sometimes 3) numbers entered. Thus when I am done the phone is not logged in. It’s as if a number is being entered and then for some reason deleted in route.

I have to delete all numbers then renter them. Sometimes taking 5 entries each unlock to get access.

Before the new iOS I could type it in so fast the lock screen was almost invisible. Now I have to argue with my phone to get it unlocked.

Anyone know how to get a bug propagated to a developer for a fix?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:11 AM

Reboot your phone and see if that solves this.

Follow the directions for iPhone X in this link --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

iPhone issues with passcode after new iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.