Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lorex Flir Cloud 64 bit App

The only 32 bit app on my iMac is the Lorex Flir Cloud Client. I use the app on all my devices to monitor the cameras. Does anyone know if Lorex is going to release a 64 bit version of the app. If I upgrade to Catalina it will disable the installed 32 bit app :(

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:25 AM

Lorex is pretty slow when it comes to updating their apps for macOS. I have also opened a ticket with them looking for an answer but I'm pretty certain they will give the same canned response of "an update will be available in the future". They did not update the current version of their app to fully support their new high resolution cameras during viewing on macOS Mojave. Fingers crossed they put some effort into the macOS version this year as they did post an update for Windows 10 earlier in the year.

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 9:25 AM in response to JGiraldin

Lorex is pretty slow when it comes to updating their apps for macOS. I have also opened a ticket with them looking for an answer but I'm pretty certain they will give the same canned response of "an update will be available in the future". They did not update the current version of their app to fully support their new high resolution cameras during viewing on macOS Mojave. Fingers crossed they put some effort into the macOS version this year as they did post an update for Windows 10 earlier in the year.

Oct 12, 2019 9:50 AM in response to adrenalin

That sent me an email yesterday directing me to that page - but as you noted, there was no 64 bit update for the Flir Cloud. I replied to their email to let them know that their referencing that site did nothing to solve the problem and then requested that either confirm that they are going to provide a 64 bit solution or state that they will not be providing support going forward. I am not holding my breath that they will respond. The real question is why CostCo would continue to carry this product given the problems they have had historically with this company.

Oct 12, 2019 12:24 PM in response to rkaufmann87

That is where I started. At first they just closed my Issues Ticket. I followed up and then they directed me to the Lorex Wike site for the update (which is not there.) I updated my Issues Ticket with them to ask that they either provide a date that Flir Cloud software for Catalina will be updated to 64 bit or advise that they are not going to keep the software updated.

Oct 12, 2019 12:28 PM in response to bbenjamin602

I am not sure you want to change the NVR software; I will still be able to access my cameras from the mobile app or on a Windows based PC or through the NVR directly using my TV as the monitor. If Lorex does not update their software for 64 bit Catalina then I will use my TV to make any changes to the NVR and will still be able to access the cameras through my iPhone.

Oct 14, 2019 7:38 AM in response to Brian Cook4

To those asking about using other software all of these systems are made by one of two Chinese companies. Either Dahua

or Hikvision. They made the hardware and all of the software. The branded resellers like Lorex (who is made by Dahua) do not actually control anything about what they sell. They are stuck wait for their supplier to provide an update. Which frequently takes years. Hikvision seems to be a bit faster to respond but both are very slow and made terrible software

Oct 14, 2019 5:04 PM in response to JGiraldin

I wouldn't hold your breath. If I had to guess, I think they'll be using the Catalyst platform to port their iOS application to the Mac. Or they'll abandon the Mac app altogether.

I don't think the current Lorex Flir Cloud Client software for the Mac will ever see another update. The current version is several years old at this point and they've made no effort to improve things so far.

Oct 16, 2019 2:38 PM in response to dsbaehler

I received this email from Lorex today. I have not clicked on the link yet to see if this will work.

Lorex case number: 00905343.

Dear James Giraldin,

Thank you for contacting Lorex Customer Service.

We have received your request and we will be more than glad to assist you.

The software on Catalina's iOS is not working so we need to update it, in the meantime, you can use Smart PSS, here is the link:

https://dahuawiki.com/images/Software/SmartPSS/DH_SMARTPSS-Win32_ChnEng_IS_V2.002.0000009.0.R.190426.zip

Oct 20, 2019 2:07 AM in response to JD Mom

My NVR has an HDMI port and mouse jack; I plugged the NVR directly into the TV. My NVR came with a remote so I can change the views. I can use the mouse to sign-in to the system and make any change I could make using the Flir Cloud software. It is more cumbersome than using my Mac but I can keep the system going even if I do not have access thru the Cloud software.

Oct 21, 2019 4:05 PM in response to JGiraldin

Sadly, two weeks after first contacting Lorex regarding this issue I received the following today:

Lorex case number: 00905343.

Dear James Giraldin,

Thank you for contacting Lorex Sales.

We have received your request and we will be more than glad to assist you.

We apologize for the confusion with information, there is no update yet for Mac OS Catalina, that could take a couple of weeks, since we do not know exactly when will be done this case will remain as Closed, and as soon as there is an update, you will get an e-mail so you know what to do.

Again, we are sorry for all the inconveniences this might cause you

Oct 21, 2019 4:41 PM in response to JGiraldin

I certainly won't get your hopes up. The current build they have is from back in 2016, I know, hard to believe. I purchased an NVR from them that they just released this year and was dealing with software that was built prior to the new NVR being released. System utilizes 4k cameras yet their remote software for the Mac does not support 4k, nor does it support the majority of features the NVR has. As much as I hope they release an update in a few weeks I highly doubt it since the last update was 3 years ago. On another note, the latest Lorex iOS app doesn't even support landscape mode on the iPad either. As much as I don't want to spend money on the system I'll probably invest in an HDMI KVM Extender Over IP.

Oct 29, 2019 3:15 PM in response to JGiraldin

I called their support line today and was basically told in about 10 days an e-mail would go out regarding the update. I am not confident in this response as they didn't even ask whom I was! I fired off an Tweet to @LorexTechnology as well about it just a bit ago too. I know I had issues with the macOS Flir Cloud client last fall and I somehow got a version that I was not able to find on their support site... but even that is not 64bit. Good think I didn't upgrade my main macOS system to Catalina yet! Still a few apps out there that need to be updated by the vendors!

Oct 29, 2019 3:35 PM in response to benducklow

I contacted them after I installed Catalina and "broke" the Flir Cloud application. They sent me info and a link to SmartPss for Mac. It works like a champ! After I got it working, I let them know and suggested that they should include the information somewhere on their site because so many others also have this issue! NOTE: I have a somewhat older system - was a 4-camera NVR system (that I've since added some cameras to), purchased from Costco in mid-2015.

Oct 29, 2019 5:48 PM in response to benducklow

Here’s what they sent me:

In the new version of Mac OS, the structure of the OS was completely changed and it is no longer compatible with our software, the software that you can try and setup is the SmartPss, down below, you'll find the link to download it and the setup instructions, please let us know if it works for you:

https://dahuawiki.com/OSX/How_To_Install_SmartPSS_on_Mac

link goes to how to install instructions. Good luck.

Lorex Flir Cloud 64 bit App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.