Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get in touch with a developer to update from a 32 bit app to a 34 bit app?

How do i get in touch with a developer to update from a 32 app to a 34 app? Got notice after updating my mac book>

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:26 AM

Hello:) Take a look here:

Contact the developer of apps on your Mac

1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
  2. Search for the app, then click it. If you can't find it, click the sign-in button  or your photo at the bottom of the sidebar, then look for the app and click it.
  3. The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then click App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.

You can also search here in this forum for more help.

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:26 AM in response to old-and-desperate

Hello:) Take a look here:

Contact the developer of apps on your Mac

1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
  2. Search for the app, then click it. If you can't find it, click the sign-in button  or your photo at the bottom of the sidebar, then look for the app and click it.
  3. The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then click App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.

You can also search here in this forum for more help.

~Katana-San~

Jul 26, 2021 8:34 AM in response to old-and-desperate

old-and-desperate wrote:

How do i get in touch with a developer to update from a 32 app to a 34 app? Got notice after updating my mac book>

? 64bit applications

typically you either update your software or you don't, either it is available or you have to wait...

"With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade"

This is a generic warning only. You have to do nothing, 32-bit apps continue to work on both High Sierra & Mojave.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Check Your Apps and Prepare for a 64-bit World

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

Locate all 32-bit apps in System Info

http://osxdaily.com/2018/03/06/find-32-bit-apps-mac/

Starting with macOS 10.15 Catalina— your 32bit apps will not run. full stop

I will add it never pays to get too far behind in your software or hardware.

How do i get in touch with a developer to update from a 32 bit app to a 34 bit app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.