Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find App -- Play Sound

How do I "play sound" to find a phone in the new "find my" app?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 5:14 PM

6 replies

Oct 8, 2019 8:13 AM in response to amykwas

It looks like you are in the "People" section of Find My.

To locate one of your devices (or someone in your Family Sharing group), when you open Find My app, click on Devices at the bottom of the screen and then select a specific device. The Play Sound option will be where the Contact option is in your screenshot.

If a friend's device is lost or stolen, see the following from Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

If a friend's device is missing

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

You can also have the friend sign in by going to iCloud.com in Safari

Oct 7, 2019 6:36 PM in response to amykwas

In the Find My app on an iPhone, tap on the device that is lost and then tap "Play Sound" at the bottom of the screen.

The details vary slightly if you are using the Find My app on a Mac computer or in an internet browser but in each case you first need to select the specific device before the Play Sound option appears.

Also not the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Open the Find My app or go to iCloud.com and click Find iPhone. Select a device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby find it.

Find App -- Play Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.