Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logix Pro X: Imported audio playing too fast

I imported an mp3 file into logic to trim it a bit. Nothing else is in the project, just a short mp3, but it's playing way too fast. The pitch is what it should be suggesting to me that the sampling rates are off but I checked and they're the same. Whats going on?

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:06 PM

35 replies

Jan 7, 2020 8:53 PM in response to zane198

To fix the problem wit the import problem there are two solutions.

#1 simply update your Logic Pro x (garage band also) to the latest version. This update was made to fix the problem (bugs) the new Mac OS Catalina update cuased.

#2 (for my cracked Logic users)

• update your garage band to the latest version.
  • Open a new audio project in garage band, or any software able to convert mp3 to wave.
  • import desired audio file into garage band (or other software ex. audacity sonar ect.)
  • export the entire project as wave file.
  • Open Logic Pro x import the file you just converted to a wave or.
  • Drag and drop into logic an this should fix the “chipmunk effect”

(In garage band select share song, share to disc, select “wave” as the type of file to export an export to a place easy to find the file!)

Import desired audio

(in audacity select file, export... when asked to save make sure to save as wave file. Export to a place easy to find the file)

Nov 1, 2019 5:59 PM in response to Wilddrums

Guys I know this is really annoying because it happened to me as well but I believe I have found the solution the solution is actually restoring your app if you have a previous time machine back up and it will restore the app to its previous condition while still upholding the new update thank me later much love guys Jae Bird the artist

Nov 3, 2019 10:21 PM in response to jobeaux

SOLUTION: Updating to 10.4.7 was the solution for me. I was still using 10.4.5 when I upgraded to Catalina and this problem came up (wave file that I imported played extremely fast, no way to change that). Also importing small mp3 files (e.g. guide clues) caused LPX to hang. After upgrading to the latest version of Logic Pro (now 10.4.7.) both problems were solved.

Nov 21, 2019 7:50 PM in response to zane198

I had this issue this evening with a WAV file. Playback was twice as fast. Pitch was the same. Running Logic 10.4.7 on Mojave. Sample rates of project and file were the same.

Pulling in the file, the file blob would be the right length while loading, but when finally loaded, was half the length it should have been. I tried using the import function, dragging to a blank space in the track listing, and dragging into a blank Audio track. Nope.

I tried opening it in Audacity, where playback was fine, and then saving as a new file and dragging that in. Nope.

I tried doing the same thing in Logic, because--get this--in a brand new project, the file loaded properly and playback was perfect. Didn't work.

None of this worked.

That last part threw me, because it clearly wasn't ALL of Logic, just my one project for whatever reason. And nothing else in that project was effed up.

The only way I got it to function was to save the Logic project where it worked fine, and then import the Logic project itself into the original project. Then the file worked.

Just wanted to share in case this helped someone. But if anyone knows why this happened, I'd be happy to hear it.

Apr 16, 2020 5:37 PM in response to zane198

As far as I read about this issue I was dealing with too, I guess it's a problem with Catalina.

But I did this thing, because surprisingly, Garage Band works without any problem: I opened a project in GB, set the tempo first, imported the mp3 track and it was fine. It doesn't speed up the track or stuff like that. Then saved the project on desktop(or anywhere else) and opened it with Logic Pro and to my surprise, it worked like a charm. Issue solved, I guess.

Logix Pro X: Imported audio playing too fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.