Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete unicorn emojis from my iPhone

How to delete unicorn emojis from my iPhone?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 12:19 PM

the directions when you update tell you how to setup a “memoji” which is an emoji that looks like you. If you skipped these directions, it defaults to a unicorn. Tap the ... next to the unicorns and make your Memoji, then you’ll see those instead of the unicorns.

194 replies

Oct 12, 2019 7:36 AM in response to Petservice

My God, Apple. We all agree. We are not all 6 year old children. The unicorn emojis are terrible; they are in the way & are MOST CERTAINLY NOT, I repeat NOT “frequently used!” Get rid of them or allow your users to remove them. I’ve been, thus far, willing to pay your outrageous prices so please refrain from forcing me to put up with your inane idea of progress!

Oct 13, 2019 7:24 AM in response to Petservice

The weird thing is, not everybody seems to have these awful emojis. My husband warned his colleague not to do the latest update but he already had, a few days ago - but they didn’t appear on his phone! Which begs the question, what is going on? Has someone sabotaged the update because they are a disgruntled employee and now Apple are frantically trying to solve the problem? I prefer this explanation to the one that Apple might genuinely think their users really want this garbage on their ‘frequently used’ emojis.

SEND A FIX PLEASE

Nov 19, 2019 7:40 AM in response to Petservice

Best thing to do is for EVERYONE to send feedback/complaint to apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/ don't just complain on forums alone. I have sent them a long annoying feedback, to show them how annoyed I am about it. Apple need to know how disgustingly-annoying those "ugly-looking & unfriendly unicorn animal emojis" are. Spending so much on apple devices, we have a right to choose which kind of keyboard settings we want from their future updates; not shoving or forcing unwanted keyboard emojis on their customer, without any option to delete permanently. Suggestions to hide them are not the solution, as they are still in "frequently used", even when never used.

Dec 21, 2019 8:29 AM in response to Petservice

From Lifehacker - thank goodness!

On a device running iOS 13.3, go to Settings > General > Keyboard, scroll down and tap the slider next to “Memoji Keyboard” to disable Memojis in all apps. This is much easier compared to disabling Memojis in earlier versions of iOS and iPadOS 13.

lower than iOS 13.3:

1. Open the Messages app, then open one of your conversations (it doesn’t matter which one—you just need to do this to make the right options appear).
  2. Swipe right on the app drawer at the bottom of Messages, and then tap the “...” icon.
  3. Tap “Edit” to open the More Apps list.
  4. Scroll down and disable “Memoji Stickers” from the app list.
  5. Close the menu. The next time you open the keyboard, your emojis list should now look more like it did in pre-Memoji eras of iOS.

Feb 13, 2020 6:24 AM in response to Jim Locke

Apple unicorn Memojis are clearly on track to go down in history as popular and as contentious as Microsoft Clippy. At least Microsoft was considerate enough at the time of release to give users to permantely turn off the new in-your-face feature that many found so annoying.

There was no ability for iOS users to permanently turn them off for a LONG time after they were forced upon everyone in iOS 13. After seeing page after page of complaints, is it any surprise that some users who don’t typically use forums just post in frustration?

Nice to see you again,

Clippy

Dec 31, 2019 4:55 PM in response to atxdg

Please kill these effing unicorns. Why the **** would an adult want these these to come up continuously?

Please read the effing conversation. Update to iOS 13.3

An adult would read the previous entries to be sure they won't embarrass themselves with a profane rant..

On a device running iOS 13.3, go to Settings > General > Keyboard, scroll down and tap the slider next to “Memoji Keyboard” to disable Memojis in all apps. This is much easier compared to disabling Memojis in earlier versions of iOS and iPadOS 13.

Jan 23, 2020 12:08 PM in response to Petservice

These emoji are insulting to iphone users of all ages - poor taste. Mixed in with my purple and white unicorns is one really ugly exploding rat or something, head, as the very first icon. I have accidentally and very embarrassingly sent that to a doctor in a professional chat and another time to a friend, also embarrassing and stupid. I had to apologize profusely. It is spooky and many of the new memoji to me are not suitable for children and should be removed from apple - let people get as app if they really want these. Still looking for a way to rid these, the OS 13.3 fix I saw on net did not work. There is no listing of "memoji" keyboard in keyboards, settings. Please help us Apple.

Mar 20, 2020 8:45 AM in response to ComixFan1

ComixFan1 wrote:

I got the solution, fixed it, then came back to make sure that Apple knew that putting it on my phone like that was an obnoxious customer dissatisfier.

Apple obviously already figured that out as they provided a way for people to turn it off.

For the future, Apple doesn't read these forums for suggestions. If you have something you want them to know, use the feedback page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Dec 22, 2019 9:30 AM in response to Petservice

To remove the dreadful unicorns under frequently used on the emoji keyboard

1. Click on Settings (gear app)
  2. Select General (also a gear icon)
  3. Select Keyboard
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings
  5. Turn off Memoji Stickers (the icon the right will go from green to gray)

Viola the unicorns are gone

Note: This also will hide other memoji stickers.

How to delete unicorn emojis from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.