Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes remote

Since I installeer macOSX Catalina.......I'm unabled to use the app Remote on iPhone and iPad.....!

Anyone the solution to this ??

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:52 AM

Checking the app in the store it hasn't been updated since 2018. I guess it will either be updated to support Music on Catalina in the next few days, or it won't. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to let Apple know what you want.

tt2

19 replies

Oct 13, 2019 7:08 PM in response to Pulsarvoodoo

... “I'd be interested if there is another application that can be used so I can abandon the Remote application. Haven't found one that is satisfactory.”

Do you mean a replacement for the Music App or a replacement for the Remote App? For the Remote App it seems the possibilities are; that Apple replaces or repairs the Remote App with a Catalina friendly version, or that a 3rd Party steps in with a pay version that could offer enhanced function. I haven’t even looked to see if there’s one already?

If you mean the Music App there are a few, I’ve been considering Audirvana as it overcomes the bitrate/depth limitations of iTunes (and I assume the Music App). It runs natively on macOS and has an (extra cost) iOS remote. The complication that arises is if you sync your music to an iOS device, which means you have to maintain the Music App and library for syncing, and the Audirvana App / Library for playing music on your system. I’ve been considering just that, and this new Remote App complication makes it even more attractive, but I’d still like to see the app fixed.

Oct 20, 2019 4:59 PM in response to Pulsarvoodoo

“Great news! Unfortunately The Apple Remote is still not working for me from either the iPhone or iPad with my MacBook Pro (using Catalina). I've updated the same software as you and even tried a re-boot to no avail....”

Ok, I will make a qualification, I took my older Mac mini 2012 and built a new music server. Fresh install of Catalina and the Music App, then added my music library. So on this machine, I did not upgrade my Mojave / iTunes to Catalina / Music App, I did a clean install (but the Remote App works). I’ll try one of my upgraded machines later, sorry for any false hope.

Oct 20, 2019 11:46 PM in response to A07570

Apple has stopped the remote app. Instead, they move up to the front: Siri. Combined with Homekit I would be able to operate the Apple Music app from iOS devices. To me this does not work, because my iPad is too old for Homekit......****....!!

So goodbye Remote ..... but then to Sonos .....

Nov 10, 2019 5:06 PM in response to Pulsarvoodoo

I use Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite. Airfoil pushes the music to the remote speakers. Airfoil Satellite is the remote control that runs on the iPhone. It's not free though. It would be surprising if there aren't other remote apps out there too. Although it would would be better if Apple updated the Apple Remote app because it's a simpler Apple solution.

itunes remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.