Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove those unicorns permanently?

I would very much like to remove those unicorns permanently. I know I can suppress them by touching the frequently used icon (clock) in the emoji keyboard, but it keeps appearing.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 12:24 PM

Damned, I never imagined that (a) Apple would release something that f***g crappy, undisablable and annoiying, and (b) I would seriously think of moving to Android just because of these crap unicorns. Seriously. I was an iPhone fan since original iPhone. But these unicorns (well, add Mi Band stopped working, tethering problems, weird Safari updates, crappy Scripts, etc,etc,etc, resembles me of late Microsoft, how about to get Johnny Ive back for any money he wants?), but UNICORNS, are you serious? And I can't disable them?

I expect that Apple would react soon and make these unicorns disablable (completely!!!) in the next iOS update.

43 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 12:24 PM in response to Hadrian1203

Damned, I never imagined that (a) Apple would release something that f***g crappy, undisablable and annoiying, and (b) I would seriously think of moving to Android just because of these crap unicorns. Seriously. I was an iPhone fan since original iPhone. But these unicorns (well, add Mi Band stopped working, tethering problems, weird Safari updates, crappy Scripts, etc,etc,etc, resembles me of late Microsoft, how about to get Johnny Ive back for any money he wants?), but UNICORNS, are you serious? And I can't disable them?

I expect that Apple would react soon and make these unicorns disablable (completely!!!) in the next iOS update.

Dec 1, 2019 6:18 PM in response to T_Bishop

T_Bishop wrote:
Amongst all the things I hate most about IOS13, I think the unicorns are the worst. Might just go into my local store and have a rant.

So, you'll go into a store and yell at the overworked and underpaid front line retail employees who can't do a think to make the changes you want? Do you really want to mistreat them over something so trivial? Trust me. I spent twenty years in retail. When people start to rant, the only thing anyone (staff and other customers) cares about is getting then out of the store as quickly as possible. They don't care what about what you're saying. You may find it cathartic but everyone else will think poorly of you. Use the feedback link instead.

Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 23, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Hadrian1203

Due to this many iPhone users want to disable them. Luckily with the iOS 13.3 update we can disable them. In this article, we will go through how you can turn off Memji stickers on your iPhone or iPad in iOS 13.

To disable Memoji:

1. Open settings.
  2. Click on general.
  3. Click Keyboard.
  4. Swipe all the way down.
  5. Tap Memoji stickers.

After this, the Memoji stickers are no longer visible on the Emoji keyboard. 

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Oct 15, 2019 3:09 PM in response to Hadrian1203

If you go to Settings, and search for keyboard, You'll see your primary keyboard, and potentially an emoji keyboard. I installed my emoji keyboard years ago, and like the thumbs up, and faces, etc. However... I cannot stand the unicorns. I removed the emoji keyboard, and the problem is solved. Of course, all my emoji's are now gone as well. But... at least this fixes the unicorn problem.

Oct 17, 2019 5:39 AM in response to kellcifer

Hmmm that didn’t work for me. I first removed it from my favorite bar, then I slid the switch over to inactive (after you remove it from favorites bar it moved it down to “more apps” with a switch that you could turn on or off). I turned it off, but they’re still there when I click on the emoji keyboard....ang suggestions or am I missing a step perhaps? Thank you!!

Oct 17, 2019 8:27 AM in response to nubball5

If you go to Settings, and search for keyboard, You'll see your primary keyboard, and an emoji keyboard. I installed my emoji keyboard years ago, and like the thumbs up, and faces, etc. However... I cannot stand the unicorns. I removed the emoji keyboard, and the problem is solved. Of course, all my emoji's are now gone as well. But... at least this fixes the unicorn problem.

Oct 22, 2019 6:22 AM in response to Mickmack5

Mickmack5 wrote:

I agree Have just spent an hour trying to get rid of the bloody things What’s Apple doing ??? IOS 13 is the greatest load of crap and the inconvenience caused is completely unacceptable
i also have problems with duplicated emails that I send using Hotmail Even the Apple advisors have no f idea about how to fix that problem also

You have options you know. If you are that perturbed and angry the move on to another platform and see if things are better. Be happy, not angry and with high blood pressure.

Nov 7, 2019 4:23 PM in response to lkrupp

...or Apple could actually use a modicum of intellect and give people optionality to select childish crap like this instead of plastering it right up front. This is absolutely horrendous programming.

And people ARE making the choice and moving to other platforms, which is why iPhone sales are tanking. Apple is choosing to spend its programming resources on asinine gimmicks like unicorns instead of useful things...like a functional calendar.

Nov 7, 2019 4:50 PM in response to Hadrian1203

For everyone having this issue, call Apple Support at 1-800-275-2273. They have no resolution at this time (outside of hitting the "recents" icon whenever the unicorns appear), but they do report all problems to software support. If you want the childish unicorns gone, give support a call (it only takes 5-10 minutes) so they can address it--hopefully in the next iOS update.

How do you remove those unicorns permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.