Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Update Mojave to Catalina Blinking Question Mark Folder

I used macOS Mojave on mid-2014 MacBook Pro before update. While installation it forced me to restart. After restart nightmare has been started. The Blinking question mark folder has appeared on my screen.

I tried,

• Reset SMC and NVRAM (With all combinations these are find on internet and apple support page.)
  • Accsess local and network recovery (with all key combinations)
  • Access to time machine restore (with all key combinations)
  • Mojave installation USB stick (that USB works we tried another Macs)
  • External disk that includes pre installed mojave (that external OS works well we ran on other Macs)
  • Unplug all battery power (black reset)

Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 12:41 PM

8 replies

Oct 12, 2019 9:53 PM in response to chuck_3rd

This is bad, very bad, Catalina upgrade is randomly bricking devices and forums online are starting to sum up with the exact same problem. Please , keep us posted on how it goes with you, I will also contact Apple support myself tomorrow. Today I got a call from 3 friends who are facing the exact same problem, one with a MacBook Air 2014, other with a 2015 Air and another with a 2014 MacBook Pro 15". All the same symptom and happened just after upgrading to Catalina and asked to restart their computers.

After Update Mojave to Catalina Blinking Question Mark Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.