Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally clicked ok on “Your iphone is infected by 13 viruses” scam. Is It Dangerous?

Hello everyone. So today i was on my phone when a warning message came to me saying “Your Iphone is infected by 13 viruses, you can do this this and this to avoid it and ect.” I immediately understood that this was a scam but i clicked “OK” anyway. Then it opened the app store for me to download some vpn app (i don’t really remember the name). I didn’t download it and started to google about this virus and understood that a lots of people had this type of scam in their iphones too. And my biggest question is this. IS IT DANGEROUS TO JUST CLICK OK? DOES IT MEAN I FELL INTO THEIR TRAP? AND IF YES WHAT SHOULD I DO TO AVOID BEING HACKED

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 2:36 PM

Hello Rro161,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you clicked on a pop-up message in Safari on your iPhone that said it has been infected by viruses and you're wondering what you need to do next.

Take a look at this Apple Support article called Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams for more information about these scams and what you should do next.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 2:36 PM in response to Rro161

Hello Rro161,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you clicked on a pop-up message in Safari on your iPhone that said it has been infected by viruses and you're wondering what you need to do next.

Take a look at this Apple Support article called Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams for more information about these scams and what you should do next.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

I accidentally clicked ok on “Your iphone is infected by 13 viruses” scam. Is It Dangerous?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.