Question:

Question: Mac Os Catalina do not sync photos with iOS Devices

Im using Mac OS Catalina 10.15, I have my photos on the Photos App, (I do not use iCloud photos).

To sync the photos, I connect the iPad to the Mac, open Finder (Since iTunes is gone), select the iPad from (locations) go to the right and click on Photos, select the albums and then hit sync. All the photos are not synced and apparently it syncs the albums under the root "My Albums" but is not able to sync the albums that are inside a folder.

Mac Pro

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 10, 2019 10:44 AM in response to ErnoidHK88 In response to ErnoidHK88

It is really proven now that there is no real work around for this bug. I also tried many ways. Also syncing pictures from a picture folder (not a Photo app album or Photo app folder - which work at the beginning - is not possible anymore.

And please do not forget: exactly the same problem appears with the Apple TV. No chance to watch or present photos from your MacBook on the TV.

They need to fix the problem, otherwise I will force them to pay back all the money I paid for my devices, which now loose a signicant part of their function.

Oct 9, 2019 7:08 AM in response to eyeris11 In response to eyeris11

Hi eyeris,

I was in a call with apple support yesterday for about 2 hours, at the end they told me that will research about this since they were not aware about it and didn't know how to solve it at that moment. I'm expecting to receive news soon.

Oct 10, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Squiddz In response to Squiddz

So glad this is posted. I spent the entirety of yesterday trying various folder structures, repairing photos library, deleting the iPod photo cache, etc. Turns out albums must be located in the root and not nested inside a folder. This is really bad.....80,000+ photos all organized over the years in albums grouped under folders. Need a fix real bad. Now my iPhone 11 pro is practically useless as I can’t share and view the photos I wish to be synced to my phone.

Separate but related to a Catalina bug, if you selected to sync film/video playlists to your phone (seems a new feature), these video playlists end up under your iPhone’s music app instead of TV app (where they should logically be). Worst being these playlists are empty under the music app, yet the lists contain cover art using the videos from the playlist.

Come on Apple.....

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 9, 2019 7:08 AM in response to eyeris11 In response to eyeris11

Hi eyeris,

I was in a call with apple support yesterday for about 2 hours, at the end they told me that will research about this since they were not aware about it and didn't know how to solve it at that moment. I'm expecting to receive news soon.

Oct 9, 2019 7:08 AM

Reply Helpful (8)

Oct 9, 2019 9:30 AM in response to dervatii In response to dervatii

I'm glad you informed them, it's hard for me to be optimistic though, since they never fixed the sync problem with the last version of iTunes, and the only way I could sync was to install an earlier version. I assumed that they didn't fix it because they were working on Catalina. Silly me.

Oct 9, 2019 9:30 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 9, 2019 1:10 PM in response to Sommersturm In response to Sommersturm

FYI - This is the thread I started earlier in the year about my iTunes woes. Apple never fixed it, but some helpful people here suggested I install an older version of iTunes (I still had the newer version too) and that worked a treat.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250270137

Oct 9, 2019 1:10 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 9, 2019 1:45 PM in response to dervatii In response to dervatii

Yes, I certainly hope so too. I was just saying I am not hopeful because they did not fix the sync issue a few months ago when I (and others) reported it.

I hope I am wrong! I like the idea of using Finder to sync - but it has to WORK!! 😉 Fingers crossed!

Oct 9, 2019 1:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 10, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Squiddz In response to Squiddz

So glad this is posted. I spent the entirety of yesterday trying various folder structures, repairing photos library, deleting the iPod photo cache, etc. Turns out albums must be located in the root and not nested inside a folder. This is really bad.....80,000+ photos all organized over the years in albums grouped under folders. Need a fix real bad. Now my iPhone 11 pro is practically useless as I can’t share and view the photos I wish to be synced to my phone.

Separate but related to a Catalina bug, if you selected to sync film/video playlists to your phone (seems a new feature), these video playlists end up under your iPhone’s music app instead of TV app (where they should logically be). Worst being these playlists are empty under the music app, yet the lists contain cover art using the videos from the playlist.

Come on Apple.....

Oct 10, 2019 10:26 AM

Reply Helpful (6)

Oct 10, 2019 10:44 AM in response to ErnoidHK88 In response to ErnoidHK88

It is really proven now that there is no real work around for this bug. I also tried many ways. Also syncing pictures from a picture folder (not a Photo app album or Photo app folder - which work at the beginning - is not possible anymore.

And please do not forget: exactly the same problem appears with the Apple TV. No chance to watch or present photos from your MacBook on the TV.

They need to fix the problem, otherwise I will force them to pay back all the money I paid for my devices, which now loose a signicant part of their function.

Oct 10, 2019 10:44 AM

Reply Helpful (9)
User profile for user: dervatii

Question: Mac Os Catalina do not sync photos with iOS Devices