Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages App in Catalina

I just updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina (macOS 10.15).

When I open the Pages App in the dock, it requires me to click on New Documents button rather than

open the blank template I headset in Preference.

Just want it to open a blank document when I click Pages App in the dock.

It is annoying it lists all types of documents in the default folder I set with non-Pages documents grayed out.

I have already set in preference for this to do open a blank document but it still opens the finder window. I just want to go straight to Blank templates. Any help is welcome.

That you.

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:30 PM

If you want it to open straight to a blank document you need to:

1. Uncheck Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive - Options > Pages.
  2. Set Pages > Preferences > General > For New Documents - Use Template Blank.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 8, 2019 6:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for responding. However, I've added Pages App in iCloud Drive option. Please see the Screenshot.

Still clicking the Pages App in the dock, doesn't take me to default template set in Pages preferences.

Pages version is 8.2 and macOS version is 10.15.

Hope somebody or Apple has a solution.

Thanks

Oct 17, 2019 12:34 AM in response to rshi

There is a problem in "pages" on my Mac, after updating to Catalina. Writing in Hebrew, from right to left, the cursor does not move correctly when I put fullstops. It stays before the fullstops, instead of automatically being ready for the next word after the fullstops. So I have to move it by hand. Also, the cursor usually stays in the middle of the typed letters, instead of staying as it used to be slightly in the end of each font.

Pages App in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.