Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad click not working after catalina

trackpad click not working after installing Catalina. Anyone facing the same problem?

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 3:58 PM

26 replies

Dec 16, 2019 3:31 PM in response to okok111

MBP 2019 15" here on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57)

• Only appeared for me after updating to 10.15.2.
  • After laptop goes into sleep and wakes, after an indeterminate period of time, MacOS stops registering clicks via Trackpad or mouse. The cursor moves fine, but neither left nor right click on either trackpad or Magic Mouse register in the OS. 
  • Requires a reboot to resolve.
  • Have tried SMC and PRAM resets - the issue came back. 
  • I have configured my System Preferences Energy Saver settings to prevent the computer from sleeping when the display is off when on power adapter - although this is not a long-term workaround.
  • Have logged a bug with Apple via Feedback Assistant in Catalina.

Jan 4, 2020 4:56 AM in response to usamaliaquat

My issue is different. After installing Mac OS Catalina, my trackpad doesn't work and there is no button to active it in system preferences > accessibility > pointer control > mouse and trackpad Botton is missing there! But if I install other version of Mac OS, everything would be fine. is there any one who have any solution in this case. Thanks. Hamid

Jan 20, 2020 7:57 AM in response to WammieOne

Yeah, this still doesn't fix anything. I am still having issues with the trackpad. Doing a multi-select with shift and trying to drag and drop items only works every 2nd or 3rd try. Same issues I mentioned before with tap to click holding either control or command down. This is insanely bad coming from my MacBook Pro 2011 which was on Mavericks or High Sierra (can't remember). I've never had so many issues with Mac OS before. I am quite surprised this hasn't been addressed and fixed yet.

trackpad click not working after catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.