Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina App Store NOT working. Downloads always WAiTiNG

The last app I downloaded from App Store was MacOS Catalina.

After upgrading to Catalina, I can't download apps from App Store anymore.

It's forever waiting...

Tried all possible ways I could find online

Signing out from App Store / MacBook / iTunes

Shut Down my Mac

Clearing cache on the internet browser / App Store folder

DNS changed / removed / edited

Killed storedownloadd & tried downloading from App Store purchase page

Issue not resolved =(

MacBook

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 6:13 PM

Hey there shenvee,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues downloading apps on your Mac after updating to macOS Catalina. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

Have you tried updating apps in safe mode or a test user account? If not, try both of these to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If that doesn’t help, trying reinstalling macOS using the steps from the following link to help you keep your files and user settings intact: 

Reinstall macOS

Even though this should not affect your data, it’s always a good idea to back up your Mac before taking these steps:

How to back up your Mac

Let us know if this helps.

Best wishes. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 6:13 PM in response to shenvee

Hey there shenvee,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues downloading apps on your Mac after updating to macOS Catalina. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

Have you tried updating apps in safe mode or a test user account? If not, try both of these to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If that doesn’t help, trying reinstalling macOS using the steps from the following link to help you keep your files and user settings intact: 

Reinstall macOS

Even though this should not affect your data, it’s always a good idea to back up your Mac before taking these steps:

How to back up your Mac

Let us know if this helps.

Best wishes. 

Catalina App Store NOT working. Downloads always WAiTiNG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.