Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Mouse Not Working with Catalina

Just updated to Catalina and my M325 Logitech mouse stopped working immediately. This mouse works with a USB unifying dongle. The Logitech keyboard also running off the same dongle has kept working, but the mouse does not. Reading earlier blogs from Catalina beta, I see this issue was raised. Is there a fix? Is Apple aware of this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:47 PM

Marcjacobharris Said:

Logitech Mouse Not Working with Catalina: [...]Reading earlier blogs from Catalina beta, I see this issue was raised. Is there a fix? Is Apple aware of this?

———-

Make Apple Aware of this:

Do your Part in this.

Go Here: Feedback - MacOS - Apple Support

Provide Apple feedback on this. Select:

• Bug Report” for the “Feedback Type
  • Peripheral/Device Support” for the “Feedback Area

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 7:47 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

Marcjacobharris Said:

Logitech Mouse Not Working with Catalina: [...]Reading earlier blogs from Catalina beta, I see this issue was raised. Is there a fix? Is Apple aware of this?

———-

Make Apple Aware of this:

Do your Part in this.

Go Here: Feedback - MacOS - Apple Support

Provide Apple feedback on this. Select:

• Bug Report” for the “Feedback Type
  • Peripheral/Device Support” for the “Feedback Area

Oct 8, 2019 8:08 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

Marcjacobharris Said:

Just updated to Catalina and my M325 Logitech mouse stopped working immediately.

———-

No Firmware Update as of Yet:

Seems Logitech does not have a Firmware Update Tool as of the date of this reply for macOS 10.15 Catalina; . So, await for the Firmware Update Tool.

Go Here:

Oct 9, 2019 11:27 AM in response to GGBApple

GGBApple Said:

"Any hardware updates available"

See if the Keyboard is Even Paired:

View Bluetooth in System Information.

1. Go To: Finder menu
  2. Hold Down: Shift key
  3. Select: System Information
  4. Open: Hardware List
  5. Click: Bluetooth
  6. View: Devices (Paired, Configured, etc.):

-----

As for the updates: What is the model of the dongle? What is the model of the keyboard I can only accuse it is Logitech. Also, press the Sync Button on the bottom of the keyboard. See if it recognizes it.

Oct 17, 2019 12:34 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

Updated to Catalina and all available patches to date.

Even after updating the Logitech software to the latest Logitech Control Center version for my devices (v3.9.9), and rebooting my machine, I see a dialog box with the following 'blocking' message:

System policy is blocking Logitech system extensions from loading, which may result in some Logitech devices not working properly.

You can enable Logitech system extensions from the Security & Privacy Preferences pane. You may need to restart your Mac for the changes to take effect.

Here is that dialog box:

When I touch on the blue button 'Open Security & Privacy', my pointer is still alive but no existing windows respond to mouseDown events. If, instead, I open the Security and Preferences pane separately, there is no Logitech system extension listed in any of the panes for any of the system elements. There is nothing to 'enable'.

How do I clear this block?

The current work-around is to hide this window by dragging it to the bottom of the screen, and avoiding clicking on either button. Obviously not a solution.

This is the first of five systems we own to be converted to Catalina and we are likely to have this issue with allow them.

Thank you!

Tim

Oct 9, 2019 10:31 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

I tried with Logitech's "Logitech Control Center" (lcc3.9.9 and lcc3.9.9j - whatever their difference may be), which are linked to on this page: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025297833. The effects were disastrous: Not only did my various Logitech mice not work, but my Apple (!) keyboard was also blocked. This made recovery difficult because I was not able to enter a password to uninstall the broken Logitech drivers. If you try it, make sure you have access from another computer, e.g. using ssh.

Oct 12, 2019 1:24 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

Logitech has recognized this issue and is working with Apple.

This issue was not caused by Apple. It was an incompatibility with Logitechs prior LCC version and Catalina.

Apple is not responsible for making sure that all 3rd party products work with their OS.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023202814-Logitech-Control-Center-permission-prompts-on-macOS-Mojave

Oct 12, 2019 7:40 PM in response to Marcjacobharris

You can make it work

You need Logitech Control Center

Software Version: 3.9.9

You can download it here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025297833

Make sure it is installed correctly as described here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036740513-Important-information-for-Logitech-Control-Center-and-macOS-Catalina-Update-LCC-before-installing-macOS-Catalina

-If you didn't install the updated LCC before updating to Catalina, you will probably need to restart your computer in recovery mode, to restart again to install it correctly.

Launch Terminal from /Applications/Utilities folder

Run the following command :

kextstat | grep -i Logi

105  1 0xffffff7f8252b000 0x47000  0x47000 com.Logitech.ControlCenter.HIDDriver (3.9.9) BB513FDB-C9C7-3A6F-AD71-58CDD322B095 <104 76 49 25 6 5 3>

106  0 0xffffff7f82582000 0x16000  0x16000 com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver (1.3.9) 4E15EC6B-3BB3-3644-B366-F5EFB857C2BB <105 104 49 25 6 5 3>

If the “com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver” is any version other than 1.3.9, then the new driver was not properly loaded by macOS Catalina. To fix this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Start your system in Recovery Mode:

- Restart your computer (From the menu bar, click on the Apple logo and select Restart)

- Hold the "Command" and "R" keys until the Apple logo appears.

2. You should see "macOS Utilities" screen, if not, repeat step (1).

Close this window using the red button on the top left

4. Click on "Choose Startup Disk..."

Then select "Restart.."

Lastly, select "Restart" again - you may see a spinning icon for a few minutes before rebooting.-

Also make sure the updated LCC has monitoring access as described here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023202814

I have the same mouse and it worked after following these steps.

Oct 17, 2019 6:58 AM in response to Marcjacobharris

If you are running the original Catalina installation without the update (I don't have time to update yet), you can boot into recovery mode and clear the kernel cache.

kextcache -i "/Volumes/<VolumeName>"

I run into this with the DisplayLink driver for my Mac. The instructions are here; just ignore removing/installing the displaylink part.

https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1925041-macos-catalina-10-15-only-one-display-is-working

Logitech Mouse Not Working with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.