Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues since upgrading to ios 13.1.2

Since updating to the latest ios version, I am no longer able to use my phone with my vehicles radio system, Toyota Entune, in my 2015 4Runner. When I connect the phone through the car, the radio begins to reboot every 30 seconds or so. When I disconnect the phone, the Entune system (radio) no longer intermittently reboots. I have tried almost everything I can think of or have read in other posts. This upgrade has been problematic at best.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 6:49 AM

52 replies

Oct 11, 2019 5:46 PM in response to RD74

Hello RD74,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the car radio reboots when connected to you iPhone. I'll help in any way I can.

If the other Bluetooth device works or you're still having issues, reach out to Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support

Best regards.

Oct 18, 2019 10:38 AM in response to RD74

I've had this issue in my 2015 Prius V. I'm still working on fixing it (I think it's an issue with the head unit needing an update, but I'm not sure yet), but for now I have it narrowed down to a "Sync contacts" issue.

As a workaround, delete your bluetooth connection with your car and phone (on both sides) and go through the pairing process again. When it asks if you want to synchronize your contacts, click NO. That should allow you to use most of your car/phone features and prevent it from rebooting constantly until you can get the underlying issue fixed, whatever that ends up being.

Oct 22, 2019 6:03 AM in response to RD74

I am having the same problem with my iPhone XS since the latest update dropping its bluetooth connection in my 2015 Toyota Sienna. I took it in to Toyota they updated my radio system but I still have the problem. It definitely is a problem with the latest Apple Update since other peoples phones without the latest update still work.

Nov 11, 2019 10:37 AM in response to RD74

I have the exact same issue with my 2016 4Runner TRD Entune. Dealer updated head unit firmware. Did not fix the problem so last week (Nov 9, 2019) they replaced the entire head unit. After about 1hr of success the same cycle of rebooting started again. Certainly an IOS issue and seems to happen when I use the iphone's media (podcast, Spotify, music, etc). Renders bluetooth useless.

Nov 22, 2019 8:22 AM in response to MAJNATE

True, but I just use Siri to make calls so the only downside of no contacts is anyone calling appears as unknown caller on the truck. So I look at my phone. And text messages still come in and show who they’re from. So no question Apple and Toyota need to fix this, but this solution lets most everything work. And based on past posts, it could take quite some time for this to be fixed.

Dec 16, 2019 11:30 AM in response to Fretless_J

Ooooh. I haven’t upgraded to 13.3 yet. Please report back and let us know if 13.3 fixes the issue. And as to letting Toyota off the hook, this is an interesting one because the range of related issues go far beyond Toyota. Lots of makes and models have multiple related issues when new iOS versions hit. And much of this goes back to the radio manufacturers since the car manufacturers don’t actually make their own radios.

Dec 21, 2019 10:49 AM in response to RD74

2017 Tacoma with Entune Premium radio id 510103... I had to her the file from a dealership named 13TDANNA-DA11_0158.kwi which is the Kiwi file for the 2019 Avalon and Camry I believe and side load it to the radio... this did not fully “fix” it but it is MUCH BETTER... never had this problem with either of my Notes though... freakin Apple 🙄

Bluetooth issues since upgrading to ios 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.