Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1.2 Battery Drain on iPhone

All am i doing since updating ios 13.1.2 is charging my phone. I am using 6s and it was working fine until i did this update lastnight. Please apple fix this issue as i am losing my patience and might lose trust in apple in future.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 7:14 AM

Having battery drain issues since I updated to 13.1.2!!!

I have iPhone 7 with 256 GB and almost 100 GB available.

I used to listen to podcasts during my train ride to work every day - today it drained the entire bat for 45 minutes of podcast !

worst upgrade YET!

81 replies

Oct 10, 2019 7:12 AM in response to Chief Mate

Yeah, for now also turn off location services and and disable 'Optimized Battery Charging'.

And no background update for less important apps. And avoiding wifi to be ON, without connecting it.

Also less talk time for now, as it drains the battery when I am on the go. phew.

But still this is an issue, because in the previous version this was not happening.

And now can revert to the previous iOS because apple unsigned those version. phew. Great Apple!

Thanks, Chief Mate for the link. There a lot of quick fix (I call them temporary fix) out there in youtube and sites like redmondpie.

Oct 14, 2019 11:30 AM in response to MarioFernandes

I had the same problem too on my iPhone 6s plus. Immediately noticed the power drain issue after the upgrade. And the iPhone is getting very hot.

The following setting changes seem to work for me. Hope that helps you all

1. disable 'Optimized Battery Charging' in the battery setting
  2. disable most of the location service options as described in https://youtu.be/vO0QRxgAOP4
  3. disable 'Share iPhone Analytics' and 'Share iCloud Analytics' in Privacy setting
  4. TURN ON 'Limit Ad Tracking' in Privacy setting

Oct 9, 2019 9:19 AM in response to MarioFernandes

Same with me.

iPhone 6S Battery Drain and Overheat problems after iOs 13.1.2 update.

After I updated my iPhone 6S to iOs 13.1.2, whenever I turn ON the WIFI(Connected or Not Connected), the battery drains so fast, also at a certain point the phone overheats displaying a message alert "Temperature - iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it".

So now, just using my phone without connecting to the WIFI.

Is apple aware of this issue?

When are they going to resolved this? on the next update?

This is very frustrating, I want to revert my iOS to 13.1.1, can I officially do it without losing my data on my phone?

Oct 9, 2019 9:08 PM in response to law04

I had the same problem after installing 13.1.2 ... My iPhone SE battery drained in less than one hour and the phone overheated even when I wasn’t using it! I have temporarily switched off “location services” and this has stopped the problem. Life is a lot more peaceful without location services so may make this a permanent decision 😁

Oct 14, 2019 4:41 AM in response to val211

I’m using an iPhone X and since 13.1.1 and 13.1.2, a full charge on my phone lasts 10 hours before going to “low battery mode”. Prior ios releases in same device, same usage, I could eek out 20-24 hours on a full charge. I just disabled optimized charging so I’ll see if that makes a difference. I don’t want to disable location services since I use maps a lot.

Oct 14, 2019 3:15 PM in response to ares1337

Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestions but no change. My phone was at 75%, locked it, checked it 10 mins later and now it’s at 45%. the battery drain definitely happens when it’s in lock mode. Just can’t figure out what is draining it. I closed out of all apps except messages and safari and it was drained by just sitting there.

Oct 14, 2019 3:30 PM in response to MarioFernandes

Same issue. Update kills my battery life. IPhone 7. I followed the advice in the linked video above and it has improved drastically the life of the battery. However I am not quite sure what was the crucial setting that made the difference. Perhaps the new Battery Health thing? Apple please patch this update. Get out your garlic coders and make this battery vampire go away!!!! Halloween or not! You know what’s scary? Buggy updates! The end.

iOS 13.1.2 Battery Drain on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.