Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't print with catalina

I installed catalina on my Mac mini and now I cannot print on my epson workforce 845 printer. Drivers are up to date. The mac software seems to think the printing executed just fine, but the printer doesn't budge. I can still print fine from my iPad and my MacBook Air. Any ideas?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:17 AM

Hello, danfromacton.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you're unable to print from your Mac Mini since updating to macOS Catalina. You've done an excellent step in checking your other devices to make sure the printer isn't the issue and I have some information that may help. Start with this article here: If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device

You can also test to see if you have any issues in a test user account and safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

You may also want to reach out to Epson and confirm compatibility with macOS Catalina:

macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

Cheers!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 8:17 AM in response to danfromacton

Hello, danfromacton.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you're unable to print from your Mac Mini since updating to macOS Catalina. You've done an excellent step in checking your other devices to make sure the printer isn't the issue and I have some information that may help. Start with this article here: If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device

You can also test to see if you have any issues in a test user account and safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

You may also want to reach out to Epson and confirm compatibility with macOS Catalina:

macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

Cheers!

can't print with catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.