Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Defining default Alert in calendar events??

Every time I create a new calendar event, I have to turn on the Alert function. Pain in the neck.

I know you can specify your default calendar, but is there anyway to set up a default alert so that every time I create a calendar event it has the Alert turned on and set to a certain time interval (15 mins before, 30 mins before, etc)?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 3:40 PM

Hello Jimmy5,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about Calendar Alerts on your iPhone, and I'd like to help out.

You can absolutely set default alerts for the Calendar app. Go to Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times > You can choose alert times for Birthdays, Events and All-Day Events. Each event type has different choices for the default alert times.

The iPhone User Guide has other information on using the Calendar app, starting with Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

Enjoy your day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 3:40 PM in response to Jimmy5

Hello Jimmy5,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about Calendar Alerts on your iPhone, and I'd like to help out.

You can absolutely set default alerts for the Calendar app. Go to Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times > You can choose alert times for Birthdays, Events and All-Day Events. Each event type has different choices for the default alert times.

The iPhone User Guide has other information on using the Calendar app, starting with Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

Enjoy your day!

Defining default Alert in calendar events??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.