Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.4.7 eGPU export issue

I updated to fcpx 10.4.7 and Catalina. They changed the options where you select egpu usage, but it now seems that on my 2018 Mac mini, fcpx won't use the egpu for exporting. It will use the Intel UHD 630 no matter what. If I let it background render, it will use my egpu (Vega 64), and will use it for playback in the timeline, but as soon as I try to export anything it used the igpu. This wasn't the case on 10.4.6 ... is this just an apple bug? will it be fixed in an update?

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 1:02 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Oct 12, 2019 9:01 PM in response to tatejacob

I have this exact same issue. I found when you share is you select Master you can then any ProRes format or the h.264 codec under Master but that's it. Those are the only share options that will use the eGPU. Any Apple Devices or other Compressor based share option will use the Intel GPU no matter what.

My monitor is hooked up directly to the eGPU and I do have the use Vega 56 eGPU selected in settings for render/share. This is why it works fine for Master based formats.

Apple please fix this. It worked perfectly fine on 10.4.6

Compressor also only uses the Intel GPU no matter what format I use making it rather useless right now.

FCPX 10.4.7 eGPU export issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.