Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Both arrow keys on magic board go same direction in pages only

Hi,

I use an apple magic keyboard 2 with my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 in, and since updating to iPadOS 13, both arrow keys move my cursor left in Pages.

This is not a broken keyboard issue because the arrow keys work find outside of Pages (for instance, no issue in Word). However, no matter what I do, in Pages they always move left. This is pretty annoying when trying to work on papers etc. (Pages is my go to before Word).

I’ve restarted my iPad numerous times and tried a hard reset as well. Any ideas? Perhaps its just wait until a Pages update?

Thanks!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 5:30 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 16, 2019 4:44 AM in response to Full of Eyes

I Have the same problem, it seem to be connected to the combination of my Rapoo bluetooth mouse and magic keyboard, either the scrolling wheel on the mouse doesen´t work, but the arrowkeys do, or both arrowkeys move the cursor left, but the scrolling is off in all applications, but the problem with the keys are only in Pages. Did you find a solution?

Oct 23, 2019 4:22 PM in response to Full of Eyes

Same. Both go left as well but only in Pages and only with text that reads left to right.

I added the Arabic keyboard as that reads right-to-left and changes the direction of the arrow keys and the delete key. But alas, it made both arrows go right!

It only started happening after I split screen with Notability and I dragged highlighted text over from a PDF and into Pages.

I really don’t want to go back to Word but I have no choice.

Both arrow keys on magic board go same direction in pages only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.