Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Software Update Notification in System Preferences on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

I received a notification that macOS Catalina is available for downloading , but I don't want to download or update my current operating software. However the Software Update icon in System Preferences shows 1 update available and I want to remove this notification - please see attached screen shot.

I have tried to find how to do this on the internet and all posts direct me to the App Store icon in System Settings. My System Preferences does not have this icon.

Can someone please guide me in removing this notification.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 4:28 AM

You cannot remove it. It is an issue that Apple needs to fix. If you have this (sys pref) in your Dock you can remove from dock, make an alias and put the alias in the dock. The red notification will not be there.

3 replies

Remove Software Update Notification in System Preferences on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.